Last Updated on October 23, 2021
When you own a house, it’s good to own the best paint sprayer for cabinets and furniture because you’ll never know when you need a paint job done. You especially need to spray paint your cabinets if you want to maintain it so that it won’t depreciate quickly.
Of course, you may choose to just use a paintbrush and some regular paint but what if you have several big cabinets that you need to paint? You’ll need a whole new team that’ll help you paint all your cabinets so you won’t use up too much time. What if you’re cabinets are attached to the ceiling? Then you might have to climb a ladder to paint each nook and cranny.
Now, if you decide to trade in your paint brushes for the best paint sprayer for cabinets and furniture, it won’t be that easy because it’s a bit harder to choose spray painters than paint brushes. There are a lot of paint sprayers out there that have different features, designs, structures, etc.
So if it’s your first time using a paint sprayer, you might be a bit overwhelmed with the choices that are there in the market because each brand has different things to offer. So to make things easier for you, we have provided complete reviews for the 10 best paint sprayers for cabinets and furniture in the market.
Jump To The Right Paint Sprayer
- Why Choose a Spray Painter Anyway?
- How to Choose the Best Sprayer for Cabinets and furniture
- 1. HomeRight Finish Max C800766 Paint Sprayer
- 2. Wagner 0518080 Max HVLP Sprayer
- 3. Graco Magnum 257025 Project Paint Sprayer
- 4. Track life SGP15AC Advanced Electric Spray Gun
- 5. Critter Spray Siphon Gun
- 6. Astro 4008 Spray Gun
- 7. Neiko 31216A HVLP Air Spray Gun
- 8. Wagner 0417005 HVLP Control Sprayer
- 9. VonHaus Electric HVLP Spray Gun
- 10. Graco TrueCoat Plus
Top products comparison
|HomeRight Finish Max C800766||- 8" spray pattern coverage|
- Interior & Exterior uses
- Brass type exterior finish
|- Viscosity Cup
- Air Blow Nozzle
- Cleaning Brush
|Wagner 0518080 Max||- 240 Inches Hose|
- Easy to washable
- 1/2" to 12" wide spray pattern
|- Sprayer, Metal Cup
- Plastic Cup
- User Manual
|Critter Spray Siphon Gun||- Circular pattern control|
- 30 lbs psi finish
|- Spray gun
- Mason jar
|Neiko 31216A||- 10 PSI working pressure|
- 1.3 mm nozzle
- Cup capacity 600 cc fluid amount
|- Air spray gun
- Aluminum cup
|Wagner 0417005||- Easily reduce hand fatigue|
- 3 spray pattern
|- Integrated air turbine
- Variable flow trigger
- 1 quart cup
Why Choose a Spray Painter Anyway?
If you’re more used to brushes, you might be asking yourself why it’s better to use a spray painter than a brush. Well, we have a few advantages that the best paint sprayer for cabinets and furniture has over your average paintbrush or paint roller.
- Faster Painting Time: The most obvious advantage a spray painter has over a regular brush is that it’s faster to use.
- If you choose the best paint sprayer for cabinets and furniture, you won’t have to waste time trying to paint every corner. Just spray the paint on your cabinet and make sure to cover everything.
- Less Effort: Another reason is that it takes less effort to spray paint than to paint. When you paint, you still have to squat, bend down, and tiptoe if you want to get all the parts.
- With the best paint sprayer for cabinets and furniture, you only need to move a bit since the sprayer shoots paint as a projectile anyway.
- Less Paint Used: Aside from those two, another great thing about spray painters is that they are more economical.
- You can control the amount of paint that comes out of the sprayer so that you can save more money on paint. Unlike on a brush, a sprayer won’t leave any wasted paint.
- Easier cleaning: Brushes are very hard to clean because you’ll need more than just soap and water to remove dried paint from the brush. You might even need to paint remover so that the excess paint will come off the brush.
- The great thing about spray painters is that they’re really easy to clean. Open up the sprayer and wash the inside to take out all the paint. It’s not very hard since the paint doesn’t usually stick to the sprayer.
How to Choose the Best Sprayer for Cabinets and furniture
So before we go to the actual list of the professional paint sprayer for cabinets, let’s first see what factors to determine when you go shopping. This guide to further help you narrow down your choices. Check these out:
Type: The first thing you have to consider is the type. The three main types are airless, compressed, and high-volume low-pressure paint sprayers.
Airless ones use high pressure to shoot out droplets that give equal coverage on the surface that they’re pointing at. These can handle thick paints that are used for walls and the interior.
The second is the compressed sprayer which is used for spray painting surfaces evenly. Their coverage isn’t that good but the spray is very concentrated making it great for furniture.
The third is the high volume low-pressure type. This one uses a big volume of air but with low pressure. They’re good for smaller furniture because they give off a very thick and smooth finish.
Which of these three is the best paint sprayer for cabinets and furniture? Well, this all depends on your cabinet.
If your cabinet is attached to the wall and ceiling, I’d choose the airless type since this one is high-powered and gives even coverage to all parts that are even hard to reach. If your cabinet is big but not attached to the wall, you can use a compressed sprayer.
For smaller cabinets like kitchen cabinets, you can use the HVLP type to give it a thickly painted look.
Power: The next thing you have to look at is power. The power determines how much paint comes out in a given time.
Generally, the airless sprayers and the compressed ones have more power but you still have to double-check how the power is measured. This is usually measured in gallons per hour.
The best paint sprayer for cabinets is usually around 5 to 6 gallons of paint used per hour so you may use that as a standard when choosing the best paint sprayer for cabinets and furniture.
Coverage is very important because the more area that the sprayer covers, the faster you can get the job done.
The average coverage for the best paint sprayer for cabinets and furniture usually reaches something like 100 square feet for every 1.5-quart cup of paint. If you can find something higher, then that’s even better.
Paint Capacity: The paint capacity measures how much paint can be stored in the reservoir. The higher the paint capacity, the less you’ll have to refill at a given time.
That said, if you have a paint sprayer that has a high paint capacity, then you don’t need to go back and forth refilling the reservoir. This can save you a lot of time and energy.
The best paint sprayers for cabinets and furniture usually have a painting capacity of around 25 ounces or higher. If you can find a sprayer with that kind of paint capacity or better, then you’ll have a lot of time with your paint job.
Flexibility refers to how easy it is for you to control the sprayer. Features that make things easier for you include a thickness controller, power options features, and sprayer speed level settings.
The more control features that a sprayer has, the better. Usually, the best paint sprayer for cabinets and furniture has a wide range of control features that offer complete versatility when you paint.
The more versatile your sprayer is, the easier it will be for you to get the finish that you want.
Price and Brand: The last thing that you have to take into consideration is the price and brand. While you won’t want to buy the extremely expensive brands of paint sprayers, you also won’t want to buy the very cheap but unknown brands.
With cheaper and less known brands, you’re not assured of quality. In fact, these machines may even break down before it reaches a year. This is why you need to be conscious of the brand that you buy.
The top 10 brands that we’ll be discussing later are all good brands but not ridiculously expensive.
The HomeRight Finish Max is all about precision because of its brass spray tip and nozzle. As compared to plastic tips and nozzles, brass ones offer much fuller coverage.
The precision is driven by its power (the sprayer uses 400 watts of power) which allows it to shoot optimized particles for more efficient performance.
That is why the HomeRight Finish definitely produces a beautiful and fine finish. Also, it can contain 27 ounces of paint in one container which makes you able to use it for a long time without having to refill.
Another one of the best features that this paint sprayer sport is its three spray pattern mode. This feature allows you to efficiently spray in a vertical direction, horizontal direction, and in a circle.
This feature gives you more versatility when you spray paint.
- It has a very smooth spray flow.
- One of the most affordable spray painters on the list.
- Provides a professional-looking finish.
- Very easy to use.
- One of the most lightweight brands in the market.
- High paint capacity.
- It isn’t known to be a good heavy-duty spray painter.
- Uses quite a lot of excess paint.
- The reservoir doesn’t come with a cap.
Just like the previously mentioned sprayer, this one is also made out of metal which makes it very precise and durable.
It also sports variable air pressure control combined with a two-stage turbine, making it have an overall higher performance.
Unlike most brands, this one includes a 20-foot hose in the package. This allows you to reach places that are harder to reach.
Lastly, it has two very strong air filters to ensure that the power of the sprayer is always at its optimal and to block off substances from shooting out of the sprayer with the paint. This allows for an almost perfect finish for spray paint projects.
- Variable air pressure control feature of 1.5 to 2.63 psi to prevent over-spraying.
- A 2-stage turbine that is used for spraying thicker materials.
- Viscosity cup for measuring the overall density of the paint.
- Allows you to adjust the spray pattern from light spraying too heavy spraying.
- An adjustable cap for changing the spray pattern.
- Two air filters that prevent dust from sticking to the paint.
- 20 feet long hose.
- It includes 2 cups: 1-quart metal kind and 1.5-quart plastic kind.
- Easy to set up
- Versatile because of its variable air pressure feature, two-stage turbine, and three modes of spraying.
- The replacement parts are very easy to find.
- The hose has a decent length and is very durable.
- It has 3 cups to help you measure the paint in different ways that you want.
- The nozzle is not adjustable.
- Nozzle can’t be replaced with another type.
- The plastic cup is a bit too big and clumsy for spraying in tight places.
3. Graco Magnum 257025 Project Paint Sprayer
The Graco Magnum Paint Sprayer is one of the most versatile that you’ll be able to find anywhere which makes it one of the best paint sprayers for cabinets that are big in size.
It comes with a dial that allows you to customize the air pressure of the sprayer controlling the volume of paint sprayed. Other than that, it also comes with a paint bucket that can carry 5 gallons of paint in one refill.
If ever the tip gets clogged, you won’t have a problem because a RAC IV switch reverses it so it can get unclogged.
Lastly, this brand of the farthest sprayers in the market being able to reach 50 feet.
- Pressure control dial for complete versatility.
- Stainless steel piston pump for stronger spraying at high pressure.
- 5-gallon paint capacity that’s connected to a powerful suction so you don’t need to keep on refilling.
- It comes with a power flush adapter that connects it to the garden hose for cleaning.
- Unclogged easily with a RAC IV switch tip.
- Can easily reach a total distance of 50 feet.
Alternative: Graco 17D889 TrueCoat 360 VSP Handheld Paint Sprayer
- Allows you to keep on praying without stopping since it’s attached straight to a 5-gallon can.
- A very long nose which allows you to reach far distances.
- An adjustable nozzle so you can choose to spray vertically or horizontally.
- An anti-clogging feature that allows you to easily unclog the tip when too much paint gets stuck.
- Easy to take apart when you want to clean it.
- A huge coverage because of its 10-12 inch fan spray.
- It doesn’t shoot out any excess paint which is good for saving money.
- It gets clogged quite often.
- The 5 gallons can need to be filled to at least 4 gallons before you can use it
- It has a hard time with thinned latex paint.
4. Track life SGP15AC Advanced Electric Spray Gun
This spray gun is easy to put together, easy to use, and high performance.
First of all, it has a special paint refilling system that allows you to refill the canister without actually detaching it. The canister comes with a small hole where you can refill the paint easily and quickly.
It also comes with 3 different types of nozzles for painting flexibility. As for its efficiency, it can reach long distances with a 5.9-foot power line.
It has a total power of 400 Watts and can spray out 800ml of paint per minute, making it very effective for most jobs.
- Made out of ABS plastic.
- 3 different kinds of nozzles.
- An easy-to-refill canister.
- Easily detachable.
- Painting capacity of 900ml.
- Maximum viscosity of 70 DIN-s.
- It is very lightweight.
- Versatile with its 3 types of nozzles.
- It can be dismantled easily.
- Easy to clean.
- Provides a nice finish for wood products.
- It does not work with latex paint.
- It leaks paint when the amount builds up.
It looks very simple but can turn any beginner into a pro after some time.
First, it has a very compact design which makes it very easy to carry around. It is attached to mason jars which makes it easy to refill.
Mostly, it comes with the powerful Siphon gun for overall power and high performance.
- It’s very easy to set up once you take it out of the box.
- It is consistent with its output.
- It is quite cheap.
- It doesn’t leak paint.
- It has a low distance coverage.
- It is not very powerful.
This spray gun is perfect for beginners who have yet to take a crack at a spray painter.
If you’re a beginner, you’ll really appreciate the detailed manual on how to use it. It comes with a large adjustable fan which allows for more optimized spraying droplets and more coverage.
It also has an anti-spillage line to prevent leakage from the canister.
- It is quite precise in spraying efficiency.
- It is quite cheap.
- It can handle thick paints. It is quite precise in spraying efficiency.
- It is quite cheap.
- It can handle thick paints.
- It’s not that easy to assemble.
- It can’t exceed a pressure of 45 psi.
This gun is more for heavy-duty jobs. It is made out of very durable and rust-resistant stainless steel material.
The nozzle itself is made of steel and the air cap is made out of equally durable brass. What makes it special is the gravity feed design that allows for a totally precise spray job.
- It sprays paint evenly.
- It is very affordable.
- The regulator helps distribute the paint evenly.
- It’s hard to dismantle because of the tight nuts.
- It’s not easy to clean.
This is a very efficient and powerful HVLP control sprayer that specializes in spraying thinning agents aside from just paint.
It has an air turbine for consistent airflow which results in the perfect finish. It also sports a three spray pattern mode feature where you can spray vertically, horizontally, or in circles.
- It can handle thinning agents.
- It doesn’t use up excess paint.
- It sprays out thick coatings.
- It can cover a wide area.
- It takes longer than 10 minutes to clean.
- It doesn’t spray that well in further distances.
This is a very strong HVLP spray gun for those who love DIY paint jobs.
First, it has a flow nozzle that allows you to select the perfect flow volume. This allows you to determine coverage and pressure.
You can also adjust the spray pattern through a small dial. This gun features a unique diagonal spray pattern for wider surfaces.
- It is lightweight and ergonomic.
- It’s very versatile with its flow adjustment feature.
- It is very easy to dismantle and clean.
- It can cover a wide area.
- It does not have strong pressure.
- It doesn’t spray that well in further distances.
It offers some of the best and most consistent finishes for a Graco machine.
It contains a strong and flexible suction tube allowing for the material to spray in any direction. It also has an adjustable pressure control dial so you can change the strength whenever you want.
- It is very versatile with the pressure control dial.
- It prevents overspray.
- It can spray in all directions.
- It has a high paint capacity.
- It’s pretty easy to use.
- It’s quite heavy.
- It easily gets clogged after using too long.
- The plastic covering isn’t very durable.
With the number of paint sprayer brands out there, it’s no wonder why people have such a hard time choosing. This list will show you some of the best paint sprayers for cabinets and furniture that you’ll be able to buy in the market.
Now, if you were to decide which of the 10 is the best paint sprayer for cabinets and furniture, you just have to use the buying guide.
Each brand has its own advantages and disadvantages. Each of them is also used for different projects. You have to choose the best one for you. That’s why we’ve also provided the complete buying guide to help you pick.
We also encourage you to check other blogs if you think this is not enough for you. But for our understanding, we have arranged this specific blog according to you specific need. If you are thinking to buy a sprayer specifically for your cabinets and furniture, this guide will help you a lot needless to say that.
We think this is one of the best places to get some guides on how you can choose your required sprayers and know their pros and cons as well as their guide to handle in a very short detail and quick time.
I am extremely happy to share with you my experience throughout SprayerBoss. As a painter, I like to experiment with new sprayers from different brands. Since my first painting, I love to learn new things every time I doing a painting project for my own or clients. I have painted fences, walls, furniture, cabinets, cars, etc. but painting furniture is more challenging to me. Hope you will get the easiest way I found myself to overcome the difficulties towards a better finish. My hunger is to find the best paint sprayer that took less effort but budgets friendly.