High Volume Low-Pressure paint sprayers are one of the finest tools recommended for DIY homeowners. These remarkable machines can as well be utilized by skilled painters and other similar users in diverse industries.
But choosing the correct sprayer to suit your desires are always an overwhelming task since there are several types and models of paint sprayers available on the market. Amazingly, the best HVLP paint sprayer reviews here are going to aid you to make the best choice or if you are in search of the best hvlp spray gun for cabinets you have come to the right place.
If you have ever used your hand or traditional method to paint your house or interiors, you would have exposed yourself to pollution and achieved a rough finish as well as wasted time and effort. High-Volume, Low-Pressure (HVLP) sprayers are not just painted sprayers but a companion that can aid you to complete more work in less time with a professional result. That’s why in this article we will go for details for not only your house or interiors but also about the best hvlp spray gun for cabinets
With HVLP, you’ll experience fast-drying finishes and steadily offers smooth results. You can as well explore some skills with the device. For instance, adding color between finish coats to provide depth and sophistication to finishes. The device has a lot of features and that makes it unique and better than similar devices. Which makes it the best hvlp spray gun for cabinets.
- 1 What Is HVLP Paint Sprayer/ Hvlp Spray Gun And Why You Need It
- 2 Best HVLP Paint Sprayer / Best Hvlp Spray Gun List – Updated
- 3 1. Wagner 0518080 – Best HVLP Paint Sprayer
- 4 2. HomeRight Finish Max C800766 – DIY Project Paint Sprayer
- 5 3. Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590 – Awesome HVLP Handheld Paint Sprayer
- 6 4. Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 – Amazing HVLP Power Paint Sprayer
- 7 5. Earlex HV5500 – An Excellent Spray Station
- 8 6. Wagner 0417005 – Best HVLP Sprayer For Small Project
- 9 How to Choose Best HVLP Paint Sprayers / Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets
- 10 Final Verdict
High Volume Low-Pressure sprayers, make use of the large volume of air at a low or suitable pressure required to atomize or break, the stream of finish exiting the nozzle into a fine mist.
This unique device highly reduces finish bounce-back and as a result; it saves you time, energy and saving you money as well as time to cleaning up. Finally, less overspray prevents your environment from being polluted.
What Is HVLP Paint Sprayer/ Hvlp Spray Gun And Why You Need It
High volume low pressure (HVLP) is a device that sprays a high volume of material at a low or suitable pressure needed to achieve a professional finish. It is similar to orthodox sprayers which use a compressor to supply air to the system, but only at a lower pressure.
Hence materials are atomized with higher volume (HV) of air. This gives a precise outcome in that a higher fraction of material is delivered to the targeted surface with less overspray and materials consumption as well as air pollution. Some of the reasons why HVLP paint sprayers are needed include.
- Safety: This device tends to be safer to use since it works on the principle of high volume and low-pressure technology. Hence, there is little or no accident due to simple and convenient injection of material. Also, it does not pose any for a form of pollution to the environment owing to the less overspray of the device.
- Transfer Proficiency: HVLP sprayers do not tend to form fog easily as the machine low pressure causes less viscosity of particles. This fact has made HVLP paint sprayers delivered improved transfer efficiency when compared to its similar sprayers.
- Control: The attached control regulator of HVLP sprayers is basically for adjusting the pressure of the fluid. Also, fan size can be regulated to adjust the rate of material flow.
- Maintenance: HVLP paint sprayers are well designed in that it does not necessitate maintenance frequently. This is because of the low pressure of the device and which makes it cost effective and efficient when compared to other airless spray systems.
Best HVLP Paint Sprayer / Best Hvlp Spray Gun List – Updated
|1||Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer||11.2 Pounds||$$$|
|2||HomeRight Finish Max C800766 Paint Sprayer, HVLP Spray Gun Power Painter, Home Paint Sprayer Tool for Spray Painting, Best Paint Sprayer for Painting Projects||2.8 Pounds||$$|
|3||Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590 HVLP Paint Sprayer||2.1 Pounds||$$$|
|4||Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System||26.1 Pounds||$$$|
|5||Earlex HV5500 Spray Station||12 Pounds||$$$|
|6||Wagner 0417005 HVLP Control Spray Sprayer||6 Pounds||$$$|
1. Wagner 0518080 – Best HVLP Paint Sprayer
Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer is a multi-purpose paint sprayer with adjustable flow control. The machine comes with flexible spray patterns and variable air pressure as well as a flexible air hose.
Control spray max powerful turbine makes it capable to handle various densities of materials ranging from thick to thin. Even the speed of the fan wholly depends on the density of the material. However, thicker materials will require a higher speed.
This paint sprayer is pretty easy in operation and design. The 20 feet flex air hose is perfect for the machine and absolutely capable of reaching every corner of your task, even unreachable positions.
The High Volume Low-Pressure flow control is executed via a small dial on the rear side of the sprayer. It is so light and weighs at just 10 lbs with a dimension of 12 X 19 X 12 inches. That’s why it is considered to be one of the Best Hvlp Spray Gun for Cabinets or house painting.
Features of Wagner 0518080 Control Spray
- Features adjustable air pressure control
- Comes with 3 spray patterns, flexible flow control
- Proficient grade metal cup
- Sprays sealers, stains and interior latex
- Powerful Two Stage Turbine sprays latex and thinner materials like stains
- Large 1 1/2 quart plastic cup
- Comes with a 20 Foot High Flex Air Hose
- Less overspray with thin materials
- 3 spray patterns to enable you to select the required one for your job
- Adjustable flow control covers large spray area including detailed work
Pros & Cons of Wagner 0518080 Control Spray
- Machine is Economical
- Perfect for multiple tasks
- Reliable and dependable
- Easy reach due to the length of hose
- Varieties of paints or stains can be used
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Power cord is somewhat short.
2. HomeRight Finish Max C800766 – DIY Project Paint Sprayer
HomeRight C800766 is an HVLP sprayer designed with a three-way spray setting which offers you the exact and detailed control of your task. The paint sprayer is suitable for woodcrafts, cabinets, furniture, and fixtures as well as fitting for several similar tasks. This is due to the unique Precision volume control and flexible sprayer patterns.
With this sprayer, you are assured of a finely finished task without any dot of spots. It is used for several types of materials such as stain, clear sealer, varnish, polyurethane, and primer. Trigger control knob flexible and is used for controlling spray pattern width from position to another.
This model of the sprayer is easy to operate and suitable for DIY since its simple to handle. The device is very lightweight at just 2.8 pounds. Moreover, this paint sprayer contains all the necessary tool required for painting job and that makes its usage convenient producing a great finishing. Because of its lightweight and easy to use features it is a suitable candidate for Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets.
Features of HomeRight Finish Max C800766 Paint Sprayer
- Spray different types of materials such as milk paint, chalk type paint, enamels, primers, clear sealer, latex paints, polyurethane, varnish and stain.
- Spray a smooth finish both on small and medium tasks; crafts, furniture, cabinets, dressers and amongst others.
- Flexible volume control knob for change of spray pattern either horizontal, vertical or circular
- Comes with a 2.0 mm brass spray tip with casing for longevity and enhanced performance
- Consumes only 400 watts of power and 27-ounce container capacity
Pros & Cons of HomeRight Finish Max C800766
- Simple to use
- Machine is cost effective
- Rotating nozzle features three patterns
- Comes with extra accessories like nozzle-blower and the viscosity cup
- Very handy and lightweight machine
- Easy maintenance and simple to clean up
- Does not support latex paint
- Not appropriate for bigger tasks and large areas
- Can be noisy
3. Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590 – Awesome HVLP Handheld Paint Sprayer
The Wagner Flexio 590 is a comprehensive sprayer kit which offers users the capacity and flexibility to carry out any kind of painting task. This machine comes with two technologies that offer the required power to spray several materials on any surface.
The viscosity is limitless when compared to other similar sprayers. Also, the Flexio 590 unit can withhold denser materials with ease.
Wagner Flexio 590 offers excellent coverage on surfaces as well as professional finish due to the powerful X-Boost turbine and the iSpray nozzle of the unit. No doubt, the unit is very easy to operate though it may look complex.
The machine comes in just three parts which are simple to mount. Besides, it contains a manual which will guide you to put the product together and get ready for use. In our ranking here it is the most lightweight sprayer for choosing your Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets or any indoor-outdoor project.
Features of Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590 HVLP Paint Sprayer
- Sprays un-thinned exterior and interior latex and stains, urethane and oil-based paint
- Suitable for interior walls, exterior surfaces, and fine finishing
- Detail finish nozzle for small tasks and fine finishing and also to produce smooth finish
- Features iSpray nozzle adjustments which include vertical, horizontal and circular patterns
- Lock-N-Go split gun design for quick nozzle change and simple clean up
- Comes with two nozzles and cups for project flexibility
Pros & Cons of Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590
- Capable of spraying dense materials
- 3 times faster than orthodox sprayers due to the X-Boost technology
- Flexible patterns which enable convenient painting
- Flexible dial for control of airflow
- Knob for material flow control is excellent for finishing touches
- Affordable unit and can be very easy to maintain
- Limited speed as a result of low pressure as compared to an airless paint sprayer.
4. Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 – Amazing HVLP Power Paint Sprayer
Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System is a great entry-level product for beginners who are enthusiastic about painting. Its working principle is very easy to understand. You do not require huge knowledge about turbine systems to make use of this unit.
Nevertheless, it will be an added knowledge to read the system manually and get a further understanding of the features of the paint sprayer.
The system is unique in that you do not need to carry out much groundwork before you commence operation. Hence, immediately after assembling, u can start painting. Furthermore, Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 comes with 25-feet long hose, and its weight is about 26 pounds.
This machine does not produce a lot of oversprays owing to the fact that the hose consists of an air control valve which enables users to terminate the process as soon as the trigger is released.
Also, the machine features a non-bleeding function which is also a great benefit. Thus, it ensures a professional paint task with uniform coverage and neat finishing touches. It can be a good for Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets or house or in the workshop to meet the DIY spraying requirements.
Features of Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System
- 1.3mm Air cap set installed
- Suitable non-bleed Spray Gun with flexible Pattern Fan Control
- Metal Turbine case with portable gun holder
- Comes with 25ft Hose which includes air control valve to lessen overspray and bounce back
- 1Qt. Bottom Feed Cup
Pros & Cons of Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 Sprayer
- Affordable and cost-effective
- Easy to use
- Spray system is completely automatic
- Simple to clean up and maintain
- Pattern control knob enables steady adjustments
- Hose comes with an air control valve to lessen overspray and bounce-backs
- Metal parts are predisposed to rust
- Volume of the overspray can sometimes be difficult to control due to fast delivery
- Needs thinning (up to 30% percent, depending on the material)
5. Earlex HV5500 – An Excellent Spray Station
Earlex HV5500 Spray Station is a unit designed for general users like woodworkers, small contractor and automotive hobbyists. This reason has made Earlex HV5500 paint sprayer correctly a perfect product for small to medium size tasks. Its usage can be employed in the factory, interior or exterior of homes or in the workplace.
With this machine, task completion can be achieved quickly with less material.
The system efficient gun with great power turbine makes the Spray Station 5500 the best device to accomplish a smooth finish on furniture and cabinets. It includes a 650-Watt turbine which produces 42 CFM and 2.2 PSI, 13-Feet hose and 5.5-Feet power cord.
The machine is lightweight and features onboard storage for the pro spray gun, hose, cord and comes with a portable handle for easy conveyance.
The device durable spray gun features complete 2.0mm stainless steel tip and needle with a 1 qt. PTFE coated paint container. The pro-gun features a Fast “Push N Click” 3 spray pattern which changes the system, paint volume control dial, and a dynamic control action trigger. With this machine, you can complete a series of tasks with a large variety of paints. It can be very helpful for those who are searching Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets or for serious woodworking and automotive enthusiasts.
Features of Earlex HV5500 Spray Station
- 650-Watt of power
- Features 42 CFM and 2.2 PSI
- Comes with 13-Feet hose and 5.5-Feet power cord
- Pro spray gun
- Consists of 2.0mm stainless steel tip and needle
Pros & Cons of Earlex HV5500 Sprayer
- This system has suitable HVLP turbine powered performance without unnecessary delay.
- Do not require assembling.
- Spray can easily be changed from horizontal, vertical fan to around concentrating one
- The system is quite expensive as compared to other paint sprayers system
- Not a product for huge tasks.
- When overloaded, center of balance on the handle can be inconvenient
6. Wagner 0417005 – Best HVLP Sprayer For Small Project
Wagner 0417005 HVLP Control Spray Sprayer makes use of HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) air power technology to spray thin paints such as sealers, stains, varnishes, lacquers, and urethanes.
The system comes with an outdoor rated air turbine for a steady flow of paint and air creating a perfect fine finish regardless of the surface.
The machine three-position air cap regulates the spray pattern to the vertical fan, horizontal fan, or round pattern shapes to efficiently perform the task quickly and with the best uniform coverage.
The variable trigger of the system enables swift control of the material flow where the user can spray ½ inch wide to 6 inch wide patterns.
Wagner 0417005 HVLP Control Sprayer sets up about 5 minutes and cleans up in less than 10 minutes. If you are looking for coatings evenly with control and efficiency on thin materials such as stains and sealers that are used on outdoor projects such as a small deck or refinishing lawn furniture then it may be the Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets on which you can spray very smoothly.
Features of Wagner 0417005 HVLP Control Sprayer
- Perfect for finishing grills, deck railings, playsets, kids furniture, lawn furniture, and more
- Sprays different materials; sealer, stains, and other light-bodied materials
- Features Lock-n-Go™ technology
- Comes with 3-position pattern control which is round, horizontal and vertical
- Features high-speed turbine, 1-quart plastic cup, and a viscosity cup
- HVLP control sprayer for spraying thin paints such as deck stain, wood sealers, etc
- Light plastic casing and reservoir
- Consists of sprayer and 1-1/2-quart sprayer cup
- Maximum control, low overspray; 3 pattern shapes; variable flow control; 4 psi at 40 cfm
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
Pros & Cons of Wagner 0417005 HVLP Sprayer
- Perfect for finishing lawn furniture, deck railings, playsets, kids furniture, grills, and many more
- Sprays various of materials such as sealer, stains, and other light-bodied materials
- Lock-n-Go technology
- Comes with high-speed turbine, 1-quart plastic cup and viscosity cup
- Features 3-position pattern control; vertical, horizontal and round
- Durable and easy to clean up
- Smooth application of the coating.
- Spray can be inconsistent when you try to angle it
How to Choose Best HVLP Paint Sprayers / Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets
In order to choose the Best Hvlp Spray Gun for your cabinets or your house there are few notes you must follow:
- Size of Cup: The size of the cup of the sprayer is a factor to consider before purchasing. This depends on the task you want to achieve. When painting a large surface or exterior wall of an entire house, it is advisable to go in for a large cup.
This implies that you do not have to frequently reload the material. However, smaller cups can be used for smaller projects which require detailed work. Some of these detailed tasks include furniture finishing like a cabinet, a chair or even a table.
- Adjustment: Adjustments are another very vital aspect of HVLP paint sprayers. For instance, the speed of the airflow of the machine can be adjusted from the nozzle. Thus, you will have to ensure that you can get a flexible speed paint sprayer. It’s just like some job situations where you will need more airflow; if you are painting a wall and don`t need high precision or accuracy you can choose a higher speed.
However, with detailed tasks, you can begin with a lower airflow option. Sometimes, to achieve a high-quality result, use multiple paint layers on a low-speed option.
- Bleeder-Nozzle: This is also another top feature to consider; the bleeder-nozzle. This guarantee constant stream of paint, even the trigger is not pressed. This feature will really work well for any user as it averts clogging and also aid users with a smooth first trigger once they start painting again.
Both beginners and professionals are advised to make sure they get a sprayer which has the capacity to use a steady stream of paint.
This requires you also to get a container to put the spray gun in while the machine is not in use or reloading the material as the steady stream can create some sprinkles round about the house.
High volume low-pressure paint sprayer is the best machine you can get for your tasks irrespective of the size and type of materials. Having gone through these reviews, it is obvious that there are several paint sprayers available in the market.
But when you decide to buy an HVLP paint sprayer you can rest assured that your trouble days of struggling with painting is over. This machine is suitable for all level of users; ranging from casual DIY’er looking for a budget product to someone in need of some severe paint spraying power.
Interestingly, the technology upon which the HVLP paint sprayer is developed has actually improved in recent times. In spite of this, its prices have remained appreciable which makes it more competitive in the market.
Before making your best choice of HVLP, it’ll be essential to carefully read through the features, pros, and cons of each unit. Finally, they are all affordable and efficient producing a professional finish. By doing this you choose the Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets or for your house and interiors or for your workshops without any kind of worry.