Last Updated on July 23, 2021
High Volume Low-Pressure paint sprayers are one of the finest tools recommended for DIY homeowners. These remarkable machines can as well be utilized by skilled painters and other similar users in diverse industries. But choosing the correct sprayer to suit your desires is always an overwhelming task since there are several types and models of paint sprayers available on the market. Amazingly, the best HVLP paint sprayer for cabinets here is going to aid you to make the best choice or if you are in search of the best HVLP spray gun for cabinets you have come to the right place.
If you have ever used your hand or traditional method to paint your house or interiors, you would have exposed yourself to pollution and achieved a rough finish as well as wasted time and effort. High-Volume, Low-Pressure (HVLP) sprayers are not just painted sprayers but a companion that can aid you to complete more work in less time with a professional result. That’s why in this article we will go for details for not only your house or interiors but also about the best HVLP spray gun for cabinets
With HVLP, you’ll experience fast-drying finishes and steadily offers smooth results. You can as well explore some skills with the device. For instance, adding color between finish coats to provide depth and sophistication to finishes. The device has a lot of features and that makes it unique and better than similar devices. Which makes it the best HVLP spray gun for cabinets.
Jump To The Right Paint Sprayer
- Best HVLP Paint Sprayer for cabinets(Spray Gun) List – Updated
- 1. Wagner 0518080 – Best HVLP Paint Sprayer
- 2. HomeRight Finish Max C800766 – DIY Project Paint Sprayer
- 3. Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590 – Awesome HVLP Handheld Paint Sprayer
- 4. Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 – Amazing HVLP Power Paint Sprayer
- 5. Earlex HV5500 – An Excellent Spray Station
- 6. Wagner 0417005 – Best HVLP Sprayer For Small Project
- How to Choose Best HVLP Paint Spray Gun for cabinets
- What Is HVLP Paint Sprayer for Cabinets & Spray Gun? Why You Need It
- Final Verdict
High Volume Low-Pressure sprayers, make use of the large volume of air at a low or suitable pressure required to atomize or break, the stream of finish exiting the nozzle into a fine mist.
This unique device highly reduces finish bounce-back and as a result; it saves you time, energy, and saving you money as well as time to cleaning up. Finally, less overspray prevents your environment from being polluted.
Here is our top 5 recommendation for you.
Best for simple small and medium finish: Wagner 0518080 : Its a simple paint sprayer that is easy to use for finishing work. It has adjustable settings. Which makes it one of the best suited sprayer for small and medium projects.
Best for DIY quality paint: HomeRight Finish Max C800766 : This particular sprayer is the best choice for simple DIY paint works as well as quality works in our point fo view.
Best for handheld spraying: Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590 : The Flexio 590 is quick, effortless, versatile as well as best for handheld spraying.
Best for high viscosity: Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2: Its 1400 watt packaged with two-stage turbine pumps alongside with 5 PSI paves the way for high viscosity as well as other mediums.
Best for entry level users: Earlex HV5500: Compared to other high priced machine this is best for entry level users for DIY household small and medium projects.
Best HVLP Paint Sprayer for cabinets(Spray Gun) List – Updated
|Wagner 0518080||11.2 Pounds|
|HomeRight Finish Max C800766||2.8 Pounds|
|Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590||2.1 Pounds|
|Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2||26.1 Pounds|
|Earlex HV5500 Spray Station||12 Pounds|
|Wagner 0417005||6 Pounds|
Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer is a multi-purpose paint sprayer with adjustable flow control. The machine comes with flexible spray patterns and variable air pressure as well as a flexible air hose.
Control spray max powerful turbine makes it capable to handle various densities of materials ranging from thick to thin. Even the speed of the fan wholly depends on the density of the material. However, thicker materials will require a higher speed.
This paint sprayer is pretty easy in operation and design. The 20 feet flex air hose is perfect for the machine and absolutely capable of reaching every corner of your task, even unreachable positions.
The High Volume Low-Pressure flow control is executed via a small dial on the rear side of the sprayer. It is so light and weighs at just 10 lbs with a dimension of 12 X 19 X 12 inches. That’s why it is considered to be one of the Best Hvlp Spray Gun for Cabinets or house painting.
- Features adjustable air pressure control
- Comes with 3 spray patterns, flexible flow control
- Proficient grade metal cup
- Sprays sealers, stains, and interior latex
- Powerful Two-Stage Turbine sprays latex and thinner materials like stains
- Large 1 1/2 quart plastic cup
- Comes with a 20 Foot High Flex Air Hose
- Less overspray with thin materials
- 3 spray patterns to enable you to select the required one for your job
- Adjustable flow control covers a large spray area including detailed work
- Machine is Economical
- Perfect for multiple tasks
- Reliable and dependable
- Easy reach due to the length of hose
- Varieties of paints or stains can be used
- Easy to clean and maintain.v
- Power cord is somewhat short.
HomeRight C800766 is an HVLP sprayer designed with a three-way spray setting which offers you the exact and detailed control of your task. The paint sprayer is suitable for woodcrafts, cabinets, furniture, and fixtures as well as fitting for several similar tasks. This is due to the unique Precision volume control and flexible sprayer patterns.
With this sprayer, you are assured of a finely finished task without any dot of spots. It is used for several types of materials such as stain, clear sealer, varnish, polyurethane, and primer. Trigger control knob flexible and is used for controlling spray pattern width from position to another.
This model of the sprayer is easy to operate and suitable for DIY since its simple to handle. The device is very lightweight at just 2.8 pounds. Moreover, this paint sprayer contains all the necessary tools required for painting job and that makes its usage convenient producing a great finishing. Because of its lightweight and easy to use features it is a suitable candidate for Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets.
- Spray different types of materials such as milk paint, chalk type paint, enamels, primers, clear sealer, latex paints, polyurethane, varnish, and stain.
- Spray a smooth finish both on small and medium tasks; crafts, furniture, cabinets, dressers, and amongst others.
- Flexible volume control knob for change of spray pattern either horizontal, vertical, or circular
- Comes with a 2.0 mm brass spray tip with casing for longevity and enhanced performance
- Consumes only 400 watts of power and a 27-ounce container capacity
- Simple to use
- Machine is cost-effective
- The rotating nozzle features three patterns
- Comes with extra accessories like a nozzle-blower and the viscosity cup
- A very handy and lightweight machine
- Easy maintenance and simple to clean up
- Does not support latex paint
- Not appropriate for bigger tasks and large areas
- Can be noisy
The Wagner Flexio 590 is a comprehensive sprayer kit that offers users the capacity and flexibility to carry out any kind of painting task. This machine comes with two technologies that offer the required power to spray several materials on any surface.
The viscosity is limitless when compared to other similar sprayers. Also, the Flexio 590 unit can withhold denser materials with ease.
Wagner Flexio 590 offers excellent coverage on surfaces as well as a professional finish due to the powerful X-Boost turbine and the iSpray nozzle of the unit. No doubt, the unit is very easy to operate though it may look complex.
The machine comes in just three parts which are simple to mount. Besides, it contains a manual that will guide you to put the product together and get ready for use. In our ranking here it is the most lightweight sprayer for choosing your Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets or any indoor-outdoor project.
- Sprays un-thinned exterior and interior latex and stains, urethane and oil-based paint
- Suitable for interior walls, exterior surfaces, and fine finishing
- Detail finish nozzle for small tasks and fine finishing and also to produce a smooth finish
- Features iSpray nozzle adjustments which include vertical, horizontal and circular patterns
- Lock-N-Go split gun design for quick nozzle change and simple clean up
- Comes with two nozzles and cups for project flexibility
- Capable of spraying dense materials
- 3 times faster than orthodox sprayers due to the X-Boost technology
- Flexible patterns which enable the convenient painting
- Flexible dial for control of airflow
- Knob for material flow control is excellent for finishing touches
- Affordable unit and can be very easy to maintain
- Limited speed as a result of low pressure as compared to an airless paint sprayer.
Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System is a great entry-level product for beginners who are enthusiastic about painting. Its working principle is very easy to understand. You do not require huge knowledge about turbine systems to make use of this unit.
Nevertheless, it will be an added knowledge to read the system manually and get a further understanding of the features of the paint sprayer.
The system is unique in that you do not need to carry out much groundwork before you commence operation. Hence, immediately after assembling, u can start painting. Furthermore, Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 comes with a 25-feet long hose, and its weight is about 26 pounds.
This machine does not produce a lot of oversprays owing to the fact that the hose consists of an air control valve which enables users to terminate the process as soon as the trigger is released.
Also, the machine features a non-bleeding function which is also a great benefit. Thus, it ensures a professional paint task with uniform coverage and neat finishing touches. It can be a good for Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets or house or in the workshop to meet the DIY spraying requirements.
- Affordable and cost-effective
- Easy to use
- The spray system is completely automatic
- Simple to clean up and maintain
- Pattern control knob enables steady adjustments
- The hose comes with an air control valve to lessen overspray and bounce-backs
- Metal parts are predisposed to rust
- The volume of the overspray can sometimes be difficult to control due to fast delivery
- Needs thinning (up to 30% percent, depending on the material)
Earlex HV5500 Spray Station is a unit designed for general users like woodworkers, small contractors, and automotive hobbyists. This reason has made Earlex HV5500 paint sprayer correctly a perfect product for small to medium size tasks. Its usage can be employed in the factory, interior, or exterior of homes or in the workplace.
With this machine, task completion can be achieved quickly with less material.
The system efficient gun with great power turbine makes the Spray Station 5500 the best device to accomplish a smooth finish on furniture and cabinets. It includes a 650-Watt turbine which produces 42 CFM and 2.2 PSI, 13-Feet hose, and 5.5-Feet power cord.
The machine is lightweight and features onboard storage for the pro spray gun, hose, cord, and comes with a portable handle for easy conveyance.
The device durable spray gun features a complete 2.0mm stainless steel tip and needle with a 1 qt. PTFE coated paint container. The pro-gun features a Fast “Push N Click” 3 spray pattern which changes the system, paint volume control dial, and a dynamic control action trigger. With this machine, you can complete a series of tasks with a large variety of paints. It can be very helpful for those who are searching Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets or for serious woodworking and automotive enthusiasts.
- This system has a suitable HVLP turbine-powered performance without unnecessary delay.
- Do not require assembling.
- Spray can easily be changed from horizontal, vertical fan to around concentrating one
- The system is quite expensive as compared to other paint sprayers system
- Not a product for huge tasks.
- When overloaded, the center of balance on the handle can be inconvenient
Wagner 0417005 HVLP Control Spray Sprayer makes use of HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) air power technology to spray thin paints such as sealers, stains, varnishes, lacquers, and urethanes.
The system comes with an outdoor-rated air turbine for a steady flow of paint and air creating a perfectly fine finish regardless of the surface.
The machine three-position air cap regulates the spray pattern to the vertical fan, horizontal fan, or round pattern shapes to efficiently perform the task quickly and with the best uniform coverage.
The variable trigger of the system enables swift control of the material flow where the user can spray ½ inch wide to 6 inch wide patterns.
Wagner 0417005 HVLP Control Sprayer sets up about 5 minutes and cleans up in less than 10 minutes. If you are looking for coatings evenly with control and efficiency on thin materials such as stains and sealers that are used on outdoor projects such as a small deck or refinishing lawn furniture then it may be the Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets on which you can spray very smoothly.
- Perfect for finishing grills, deck railings, playsets, kids furniture, lawn furniture, and more
- Sprays different materials; sealer, stains, and other light-bodied materials
- Features Lock-n-Go™ technology
- Comes with 3-position pattern control which is round, horizontal and vertical
- Features high-speed turbine, 1-quart plastic cup, and a viscosity cup
- HVLP control sprayer for spraying thin paints such as deck stain, wood sealers, etc
- Light plastic casing and reservoir
- Consists of sprayer and 1-1/2-quart sprayer cup
- Maximum control, low overspray; 3 pattern shapes; variable flow control; 4 psi at 40 cfm
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Perfect for finishing lawn furniture, deck railings, playsets, kids furniture, grills, and many more
- Sprays various materials such as sealer, stains, and other light-bodied materials
- Lock-n-Go technology
- Comes with a high-speed turbine, 1-quart plastic cup, and viscosity cup
- Features 3-position pattern control; vertical, horizontal, and round
- Durable and easy to clean up
- Smooth application of the coating.
- Spray can be inconsistent when you try to angle it
How to Choose Best HVLP Paint Spray Gun for cabinets
In order to choose the Best Hvlp Paint Sprayer for your cabinets or your house there are few notes you must follow:
- Size of Cup: The size of the cup of the sprayer is a factor to consider before purchasing. This depends on the task you want to achieve. When painting a large surface or exterior wall of an entire house, it is advisable to go in for a large cup.
This implies that you do not have to frequently reload the material. However, smaller cups can be used for smaller projects which require detailed work. Some of these detailed tasks include furniture finishing like a cabinet, a chair or even a table.
- Adjustment: Adjustments are another very vital aspect of HVLP paint sprayers. For instance, the speed of the airflow of the machine can be adjusted from the nozzle. Thus, you will have to ensure that you can get a flexible speed paint sprayer. It’s just like some job situations where you will need more airflow; if you are painting a wall and don`t need high precision or accuracy you can choose a higher speed.
However, with detailed tasks, you can begin with a lower airflow option. Sometimes, to achieve a high-quality result, use multiple paint layers on a low-speed option.
- Bleeder-Nozzle: This is also another top feature to consider; the bleeder-nozzle. This guarantee constant stream of paint, even the trigger is not pressed. This feature will really work well for any user as it averts clogging and also aid users with a smooth first trigger once they start painting again.
Both beginners and professionals are advised to make sure they get a sprayer which has the capacity to use a steady stream of paint.
This requires you also to get a container to put the spray gun in while the machine is not in use or reloading the material as the steady stream can create some sprinkles round about the house.
What Is HVLP Paint Sprayer for Cabinets & Spray Gun? Why You Need It
High volume low pressure (HVLP) is a device that sprays a high volume of material at a low or suitable pressure needed to achieve a professional finish. It is similar to orthodox sprayers which use a compressor to supply air to the system, but only at a lower pressure.
Hence materials are atomized with a higher volume (HV) of air. This gives a precise outcome in that a higher fraction of material is delivered to the targeted surface with less overspray and materials consumption as well as air pollution. Some of the reasons why HVLP paint sprayers are needed include.
- Safety: This device tends to be safer to use since it works on the principle of high volume and low-pressure technology. Hence, there is little or no accident due to the simple and convenient injection of material. Also, it does not pose any form of pollution to the environment owing to the less overspray of the device.
- Transfer Proficiency: HVLP sprayers do not tend to form fog easily as the machine’s low pressure causes less viscosity of particles. This fact has made HVLP paint sprayers delivered improved transfer efficiency when compared to its similar sprayers.
- Control: The attached control regulator of HVLP sprayers is basically for adjusting the pressure of the fluid. Also, fan size can be regulated to adjust the rate of material flow.
- Maintenance: HVLP paint sprayers are well designed in that it does not necessitate maintenance frequently. This is because of the low pressure of the device and which makes it cost-effective and efficient when compared to other airless spray systems.
Some FAQ’s on Best HVLP Spray Gun for Cabinets
How I can use an HVLP spray gun for cabinets?
Ans: At first, you have to decide what paint you want to use for your cabinet. After you have decided that you should test the paint on a piece of cardboard. If the painting outcome satisfies you then you can go for the next steps. If you are going to paint the inside of a cabinet, you must remove the doors first. By doing so they will not be accidentally sprayed on. In order to get the best painting results, you have to keep a 16-inches distance from the painting surface. After spraying for the first time you should sand the painted surface with sandpaper and then you should go for the final painting to ensure a fresh and new look. After all that is done, paint the doors of the cabinets and let the paint dry in a safe place. When everything is done set the door to the cabinets and your cabinets will look as good as new!
What are the benefits of using an HVLP spray gun?
Ans: Generally, HVLP spray gun is very useful for projects which require furniture, cars, kitchen cabinets. This type of paint spray gun gives you a very detailed finishing so you don’t need to worry about a smooth finish. This type of sprayer allows painters to have total control overpainting. And so it allows precise painting and a smooth as well as professional look. Not only that, you can use an HVLP Spray Gun For cabinets but also for furniture surfaces like doors, frames, tables, chairs, shelves. Not to mention they are are more budget-friendlier than traditional spray guns and are more convenient to move around because of their lightweight. HVLP spray gun does not over-spray. That means there will be equal spraying and there won’t be any waste of paint. Not only the spraying paint from these types of sprayers dries faster but also they are easy to clean as a unit. This saves lots of money and time and also energy.
While painting cabinets how to get smooth finishing?
Ans: Though it sounds like a difficult thing to do, in reality, this takes comparatively less effort. After your first painting on the surface, you have to sand the surface with sandpaper to remove the dust and other unwanted materials from the painted surface. And then repaint again with the thin layer fo paint and let it dry. And lastly, you should use a primer coating to give the glossy and fresh look.
Best Spray Gun Tip for Cabinet paintings
Ans: To be honest, this actually depends on the user’s choice. According to our research, most of the professionals say that Graco FFLP 210 and Graco FFLP 310 are great to spray tips for this kind of painting job. The Graco FFLP 210 comes with 4-inches fan which is good for spraying the pain inside of the cabinets. On the other hand, Graco FFLP 310 has a 6-inches fan that can deal with the painting job of the outside of cabinets as well as it’s doors. This version gives you larger coverage and also it can paint faster.
Proper DIY Painting Cabinets with HVLP Paint Sprayer Gun
If you planning to paint your cabinets by yourself, then there is nothing to worry about. Because we have got you covered. This kind of painting job may seem unmanageable or burdensome for all by yourself. But as a matter of fact, it becomes quite an easy task once you get to understand what you are doing.
- First, you should check if the cabinet is damaged or not. Only if the cabinet is in good condition you can paint on it without any worry but if the cabinet is damaged you will get cracks and bubbling. Keep this in your mind.
- You should begin by applying a coat or two sprayings of primer that will be on the surface of your cabinet.
- After this, you have removed the door of the cabinet.
- Then you should apply for a coat of paint.
- After applying the paint coat, you have to sand the surface of the cabinet with a 160 git sandpaper. This will remove any dust and unwanted particles from the painted surface.
- The next step is to apply another coat of paint so that the paint surface of your cabinet can get a smooth and professional look. Then let your cabinet Dry.
- To get the glossy look you can use a thin coat of primer and let it dry.
- Then lastly reattach the doors of your cabinet and voilà you have made your cabinet as good news all by yourself!
What is the price range for spraying paint a Kitchen Cabinet?
Ans: According to our knowledge and research, on average the spray painting for cabinets will cost around 700 to 800 dollars. That case, if you purchase an hvlp spray gun along with tips, painting materials, and cleaning tools you can not only save money but also labor for your current and all upcoming painting jobs. However, If you are not comfortable with DIY painting then you can go for the professionals.
Is it possible to paint the cabinets without sanding?
Ans: Yes, It’s very much possible to paint your cabinets without sanding. As long as you are okay with painting, you can paint on anything without sanding. But we recommend you should not do that. Because Sanding is a very important part of painting jobs. Sanding gives you the rough edges or surfaces on which the paint can easily adhere to. You can also remove any unwanted surface or spots on the painting area for smooth and nice painting.
What are the best paint materials to use for cabinets spray painting?
Ans: For most cabinets, you can use acrylic, varnishes, clear coats as well as lacquers. If you can choose the sprayer system for your work then depending on your demand the right sprayers can spray paint all the materials that you need. Not to mention the primer also.
What to do for cleaning and Maintenance of paint sprayer?
Ans: In order to keep the peak performance for your hvlp paint spray gun, regular cleaning is a must. Before and after every painting job, you need to clean the gun and the total unit. That includes running water as well as mineral spirit to clean the mixture through the gun. After this clean and soak the nozzles, air caps, filters as well as fittings. This will help you to prolong your spray gun system’s life cycle and also will give you a peek performance.
How To Store A Paint Sprayer?
Ans: Standard procedure should be followed and maintained. Your sprayer will need to be thoroughly cleaned before you are planning to put it away for a longer period of time. This process is called winterizing. This process consists of deep cleaning and after that, you should run a winterizing solution through the gun, shut it off and then store it right away. When you decide to use it again, you have to flush the unit before using it.
What is the thickness of the automotive clear coat?
Ans: If you planning to give you an old car or slightly damaged car a new look then an automotive clear coat is really a very good way to make your car as good as new and shiny. An automotive clear coat protects your vehicle from dust, mild scratch, and other unwanted materials. In order to work properly, the coat needs to made out of thick materials. Normally an automotive clear coat’s thickness is around 35 to 50 microns.
Does wax remove or damage the clear coating?
Ans: In normal circumstances No. The wax will neither remove nor damage your clear coat unless you apply a cleaner wax with rubbing materials. This may cause some damage to the clear coat to some extent. You don’t need to worry if you are applying the wax using your own hand.
Is there any automotive paint to use?
Ans: Yes, there is! You can use the Urethane Paint for automotive clear coating. It is considered to be the easiest paint to use for this purpose. However, it is also considered to be a dangerous material to use. So we recommend if you are willing to use this material for automative clear coating, you must wear proper safety equipment including gloves, masks, and other necessary protectors.
Is it possible to spray house paint with an automotive spray gun?
Ans: Yes it is possible. Actually it depends on the model of the paint spray gun that you are using. In general, the automotive spray guns are considered to be the HVLP paint spray guns. This means they have low pressure and very good for cars, furniture, as well as for cabinets. Which also means that are not that good for covering larger areas like the walls or even ceilings of the house.
How often the water-based paint is used by car manufactures?
Ans: Nowadays, all most all the car manufacturing companies use water-based paints. They are considered to be more eco-friendly. This is why the car manufacturers have started using water paints from the late ’90s and as of today, it is the most commonly used paint.
High volume low-pressure paint sprayer is the best machine you can get for your tasks irrespective of the size and type of materials. Having gone through these reviews, it is obvious that there are several paint sprayers available in the market.
But when you decide to buy an HVLP paint sprayer you can rest assured that your trouble days of struggling with painting are over. This machine is suitable for all levels of users; ranging from casual DIY’er looking for a budget product to someone in need of some severe paint spraying power.
Interestingly, the technology upon which the HVLP paint sprayer is developed has actually improved in recent times. In spite of this, its prices have remained appreciable which makes it more competitive in the market.
Before making your best choice of HVLP, it’ll be essential to carefully read through the features, pros, and cons of each unit. Finally, they are all affordable and efficient producing a professional finish. By doing this you choose the Best Hvlp Spray Gun for cabinets or for your house and interiors or for your workshops without any kind of worry.
I am extremely happy to share with you my experience throughout SprayerBoss. As a painter, I like to experiment with new sprayers from different brands. Since my first painting, I love to learn new things every time I doing a painting project for my own or clients. I have painted fences, walls, furniture, cabinets, cars, etc. but painting furniture is more challenging to me. Hope you will get the easiest way I found myself to overcome the difficulties towards a better finish. My hunger is to find the best paint sprayer that took less effort but budgets friendly. My 2nd child Dany N. Bailey always love to repaint his old toys. I will publish new tips and tricks as long as you are benefited from my blog.