Last Updated on October 24, 2021
Spray paint, without a doubt, is the best painting technique. It offers a cleaner and better finish within a short time. Also, it allows you to take the paint finish to the next level with creativity.
However, spray paint can be messy at times, especially with volatile spray materials flying and spreading in the workplace.
You can stop such messes by using a spray paint tent. These tents are simple booths under which you work. If you don’t know how to find the best spray painting tent, you have landed on the right page.
Here, you will find reviews of nine top-quality spray paint booths. The review includes details of the spray paint features, their pros, and their cons.
These spray paint tents protect the workpiece from exterior dust and particles, contain the paint material within its surroundings, and keep the workspace safe from the volatile elements. The paint booth has other benefits too, and we will discuss it in the following section.
Finally, with the detailed and step-by-step buying guide on spray paint tents, you should be able to get the tent quickly.
So, shall we start?
The 9 Best Spray Painting Tent List
- Wagner Spraytech C900139.M HomeRight – Best Lightweight Tent
- VIVOHOME Portable Airbrush Paint Spray Booth Kit – Best Foldable Tent
- Nordstrand Portable Spray Paint Booth – Best Paint Booth For Home Use
- EasyGo Products Sprayrite 2 Paint Spray Shelter – Best For Both DIY & Professional Painters
- Wagner Studio Spray Tent with Built-In Floor – Best Affordable Tent For Beginners
- Homeright C900038.M Large Spray Shelter – Best Professional Spray Painting Booth
- Master Airbrush Portable Airbrush Paint Spray Booth Kit – Best For Largest Garage Space
- OPHIR 2 Sets of Airbrush Spray Booth Kit – Best Rotating Painting Booth
- Happybuy Inflatable Paint Booth Tent – Best Durable Spray Painting Shelter
|Title||Best Feature||Unique Feature||Price|
|Wagner Spraytech C900139.M||- Lightweight|
- Small, medium, large shelter size
|- Pop up|
- Universal Fit
|VIVOHOME||- Fold able|
- Large capacity
- 3 LED lights included
|- Flexible ventilation hose|
- Portable Handle
|Nordstrand||- Easy to assemble|
- Exterior usages
|- Best For Home use|
- Used for wall Surface
|EasyGo Products Sprayrite 2||- Mesh screen protection||- Useful for stain or spray paint||Check Price|
|Wagner Studio||- Built in floor design|
- Fold able and easy storage facility
|- Best use for floor surface|
- Two pole design
|Homeright C900038.M||- Mesh screen protection|
- Built in floor design
|- Two pole design|
- Portable for DIY painters
|Master Airbrush||- Exhaust fan (28-watt)|
- 16 inches to 7 feet extension hose
|- LED lights & 8.5" Diameter Turntable Included||Check Price|
|OPHIR 2 Sets of Airbrush||- 5.6 feet flexible hose|
- 25 watt LED lights included
|- Boot filter ( 2 layer)|
- Portable Booth Kit
|Happybuy Inflatable Paint Booth||- Inflatable|
- 7 size available
|- Air filter protection system|
- Car paint booth
Jump To The Right Paint Sprayer
- The Importance and Benefits of Spray Paint Tents
- The 9 Best Spray Painting Tent Reviews
- 1. Wagner Spraytech C900139.M HomeRight Spray Shelter
- 2. VIVOHOME Portable Airbrush Paint Spray Booth Kit
- 3. Nordstrand Portable Spray Paint Booth
- 4. EasyGo Products Sprayrite 2 Paint Spray Shelter
- 5. Wagner Studio Spray Tent with Built-In Floor
- 6. Homeright C900038.M Large Spray Shelter
- 7. Master Airbrush Portable Airbrush Paint Spray Booth Kit
- 8. OPHIR 2 Sets of Airbrush Spray Booth Kit
- 9. Happybuy Inflatable Paint Booth Tent
- Buying Guide for The Best Spray Painting Tent
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Importance and Benefits of Spray Paint Tents
If you are a newbie in the spray paint industry, you may not know about spray paint tents. In fact, the high-end spraying tool is not so widely used unless you are a professional spray painter. So, it is a must that you know the practical benefits of spray paint booths.
Its most important benefits include-
- Spray paint contains excessive aerosol and volatile elements. These elements are highly lightweight and easily fly in the air. Thus, it will soon ruin the surrounding walls near the paintwork.
- The tent with surrounded protection collects the elements and keeps the space clean and healthy.
- One of the main reasons for inappropriate and uneven paint surfaces is dust. The dust from the surrounded place often sticks on the paint surface and results in a poor paint finish.
- Since the tents for sprayer paint comes with mesh fabric, it prevents the dust from getting inside the booth. So, you will experience better paint results.
- Some high-end sprayer booth comes with exhaust fan. It permits you to keep the workspace well-ventilated.
- It is a great benefit since spray paint contains volatile elements which can absorb and pass on the elements through the expandable hose.
- It offers a better workplace and helps you better focus on the paintwork.
- Spray paint tents are versatile. Especially, the inflatable tents can be used for multipurpose works. For example, you can use them to repaint motorbikes or cars.
- Also, these inflatable tents are usable as emergency medical rescue, camping tents, and whatnot! So, you will indeed love the versatility of these tents besides spray paintwork.
- Lastly, spray tent covers will help you keep the ground or floor clean. Most tents will come with a drop on cloth. You can simply put it on the floor. It is easy to clean and helps you manage the workspace better.
Thus, a spray paint tent is an integral part of professional paint projects. It will truly make your spray painting life easy and fun.
The 9 Best Spray Painting Tent Reviews
A spray paint tent is a must if you want the best finish without ruing the workplace. Also, spray paint tents will help you better manage the paintwork.
Some of these booths are lightweight and foldable, virtually permitting you to create a spray paint workshop in any location- indoor or outdoor, near or far away spaces.
The first on our list for the spray tent review is the pop-up spray shelter from Wagner Spraytech. Wagner is one of the best-known spray paint device manufacturers in the market, and this shelter upholds its promises to make painters’ life easier to the next level.
At 4.09 pounds, the pop-up tent is lightweight and easily portable. Hence, you can literally set it up in any location. The booth has three sides covering with the built-in rear vent and bottom.
It helps you in controlling the overflow and overspray for a cleaner workspace.
The bottom is flat and is easy to place on the garage, lawn, or other spaces. Its interior has enough space for both the painted piece and painter to work comfortably. You can even use it for different woodworking jobs, such as sanding, to prevent dust.
The nylon material used to manufacture the shelter is high-quality and durable. It is ready to take the painting wear and tear for a few seasons at least. Lastly, it comes with a handy storage bag.
So, you can store and carry the spray booth in distant places, too, if need be.
Thus, it will make your overall spray paint experience mess-free and enjoyable.
- The shelter is available in three different sizes
- Regulates airflow to control paint overspray
- Easy set up possible with the quick pop-up design
- Vinyl construction is rust and corrosion-resistant
- Sometimes it collapses during the paintwork
2. VIVOHOME Portable Airbrush Paint Spray Booth Kit
This complete spray paint tent kit includes LED lights and a turntable for the most engaging spray paint experiences.
In addition, the spray paint studio comes with a built-in exhaust fan and blue filter sponge. It thus absorbs volatile particles, paint fumes, and toxic elements to offer a cleaner and healthier workplace.
The booth has 3 LED lights. So, you have enough visibility to work for the best paint finishes. Plus, the turntable helps you paint all over the furniture or paint pieces without moving from one side to another.
It increases workability and speeds up the work as well.
What’s more, you can remove the turntable for cleaning and other purposes too.
Next, its ventilation hose provides enough air circulation to prevent breathing issues due to volatile aerosol elements. You can extent the hose from 2.3ft to a maximum of 3.3ft length for best ventilation in the booth.
It is made of premium vinyl materials for added durability. It is foldable and collapses into a compact suitcase shape for quick storage and portability. When needed, it pops up within seconds.
Last but not least, the booth kit permits you to join two booths if you need a larger workplace. You can thus use the spray paint tent for painting furniture, car, DIY crafting, toys, t-shirts, and whatnot!
- It works in less than 47dB, which is pretty quiet
- Two layers of sponges absorb paint fumes better
- The ventilation hose is easily expandable
- Quick setup and collapsing is possible if need be
- The fan performance needs improvement
3. Nordstrand Portable Spray Paint Booth
The Nordstrand spray paint tent is a practical and highly beneficial solution if you are looking for a paint booth for home uses. It comes with a large space that is easy to fold and pop up whenever you need it. So, it adds flexibility to outdoor paintworks.
Since it doesn’t contain any built-in fans to absorb the toxic elements and paint particles, you shouldn’t use it indoors- but that’s worth the affordable investment.
The spray paint tent is pretty large with enough interior space. You can easily fit in a chest of drawers, TV cabinets, mid-sized furniture, or anything of the same size.
So, you can quickly paint the home furniture and even try out some DIY craftsmanship inside the booth.
The booth comes pre-assembled and makes painting life easy and fun. You just need to insert the poles through their sleeves for setup. It shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.
When assembled, the spray tent will protect the workplace from messes and paint marks. It also protects the painted piece from exterior dust and debris for a better finish.
It is made of vinyl and is light enough for easy portability. When folded, it can be stored in a nice yet small carry bag. Hence, its overall user experience is palpable, and you can expect it to last for a few seasons, at least.
- Quick and easy assembly and disassembly possible
- The paint booth is highly affordable for all painters
- You can use it for DIY airbrush paintwork as well
- Provides excellent protection from any messes
- Only recommended for outdoor uses
4. EasyGo Products Sprayrite 2 Paint Spray Shelter
Whether you are a DIY painter or professional, you can’t ignore the practical benefits this Sprayrite 2 work booth brings in real life.
Thanks to its overspray controlling and absorbing ability, it is a perfect paint booth solution for both workshops and home uses.
Its design is curved, much like a sunshade. The design has been adapted to direct the overspray towards the ground. At the bottom, it has a screen that collects all the overspray and stain.
So, your workplace remains tidy all the time.
Its three sides are covered with a mesh screen. It is strong enough to withstand the wind and blowing. It not only protects the workpiece from falling but also from dust and debris.
So, the paint finish will be much better.
The spray shelter takes only a few minutes for proper setup. It doesn’t need any additional skills. Simply fold the shelter and lay it on a flat surface.
It will be instantly ready for work with a drop-in cloth for use at its bottom.
The shelter is lightweight, and so we recommend you to use it for light to medium-duty paint works. It also comes with a medium interior space for mid-sized furniture mostly.
- Best for small paint works and home uses
- Three sides have mesh screens for wind protection
- Curved design redirects the particles into the ground
- It may not suit professional paint requirements
5. Wagner Studio Spray Tent with Built-In Floor
This is our second selection from Wagner for the best spray paint tent, and it’s for no simple reason. You will love its practical and functional benefits without exaggerating its price.
It comes with three-sided covers to protect the workspace from any mess and toxic elements. Similarly, it offers protection to workpieces from any debris and dust too.
The tent comes with a built-in floor. It directs the overspray and volatile aerosol elements in the ground where the floor collects the messes. In addition, it has liquid resistance that assists in quick cleaning.
So, you will enjoy a cleaner work environment. Plus, the paint finish will yield better results without any overspray.
The spray booth comes with two poles. Hence, it will need only a few minutes for setup. Also, it can be done single-handedly.
Thus, the quick and comfy setup of the spray paint studio enhances comfort and convenience at the workplace.
Professionals will love its large interior, which accommodates a TV cabinet, chest of drawers, or other pieces of furniture at ease. And with a portable and lightweight design, moving the spray tent from one place to another becomes a brisk task.
So, it improves the overall paint experience remarkably and also offers a cleaner environment without any toxicity.
- Built-in and liquid-resistant floor for quick cleaning
- The quick and comfortable setup even for novice painters
- Large interior for furniture and home improvement works
- The package doesn’t contain any storage bag
6. Homeright C900038.M Large Spray Shelter
Do you want a larger spray tent shelter? If yes, then look no further than the Homeright large spray shelter. It comes with every practical function that a professional spray painter would want and that too in relatively reasonable pricing.
Its large tent-shaped interior protects your workpieces from exterior dust, particles, and debris. Hence, it provides a better paint finish.
Also, a large interior space means you can paint or stain larger pieces of furniture with improved comfort and convenience.
In addition, you can use the spray shelter for HVLP sprayers, Wagner, Homeright, and aerosol spray paints. Thus, it leaves you with numerous options.
The three walls on different sides protect the exterior walls from paint and stains. These walls are made of screen mesh that will withstand strong wind and blows for enhanced protection. It also has a ground floor.
It protects the floor and is easy to clean as well. The overall shelter is made of vinyl, and it comes with multiple poles. The poles make assembly quick and easy.
Therefore, you won’t see any wastage of time during the paintwork.
The overall construction is lightweight. It supports superior portability too. Thus, you can transport the spray paint tent from one workplace to another at ease.
Last but not least, with massive interior space, it will improve paint comfort with easy movement inside, for sure.
- Extremely large interior space for comfortable movement
- Three mesh screens offer superior protection from wind and blow
- The spray paint shelter is made for heavy-duty painting applications
- You can use it with Wagner, Homeright, or other HVLP painters
- Some users complained that it collapses during paintwork
7. Master Airbrush Portable Airbrush Paint Spray Booth Kit
This time we introduce to you another spray paint booth kit in our best spray painting tent review list that comes with excellent benefits.
To begin with, the complete kit includes a powerful exhaust fan, spray booth, and exhaust fans.
The exhaust fan is indeed powerful and can provide a 5.8 meter-cube of airflow each minute. It runs at 28watts power. Next, the exhaust fan is attached with an extended hose.
You can easily expand the hose from 16-inches to 7-feet to meet the painting requirements. The massive expansion of the hose enables you to use the setup even in the largest garage or workshop with remarkable ventilation.
The exhaust fan provides ventilation for the smallest particles and toxic elements to keep the workspace clean and healthy. Next, you will appreciate its built-in LEDs. Finally, it allows you to paint with enhanced efficiency, thanks to the improved lighting.
It even has high-absorbing booth filters. It absorbs toxic and volatile particles to offer you a healthier work environment. Furthermore, you get a turntable inside the booth.
It enables you to accomplish the paintwork without moving. The booth works well under 47dB, which is quite silent. So, there’s no tension causing problems to your ears too.
- Large interior workspace for improved comfort and easiness
- It is quiet at 47dB and so won’t cause any noise in the place
- LED lights enhance lighting to improve the paint finish result
- Great ventilation with the exhaust fan and extended hose
- The spray paint tent isn’t meant for novice users
8. OPHIR 2 Sets of Airbrush Spray Booth Kit
The Ophir spray booth can be used as a single spray paint tent, or you may combine two if you need a larger workspace. The entire setup has enough interior space. So, unlike many spray tents, it doesn’t limit your movement.
Plus, its rotating turntable will allow you to rotate the painting piece easily. So, you can sit in one position and accomplish the entire paintwork. Such convenience makes the paintwork easy, comfy, and fast.
Its fiberglass booth filter has two layers. Thus, it absorbs volatile aerosols and smaller particles more efficiently than other filters. It comes in handy to keep the workspace cleaner and healthier.
Also, its ground cloth collects the paint and stain materials. It helps in keeping the garage or work floor cleaner too. The two side screens have a mesh feature.
Hence, it protects the workpieces from wind, blows, and exterior dust. It thus helps in a better and smoother paint finish.
Its 25watt exhaust fan can ventilate at 4cubic per minute. It is enough even for the largest paintworks, according to the professionals.
Finally, with the 5.6ft extendable hose, you will enjoy improved air ventilation for a comfortable place to work confidently.
- Largest space with two combined spray tent booth
- Great ventilation and airflow for comfortable painting
- Ideal for all kinds of spray paint, HVLP, and airless sprayers
- It can be stored and carried in a compact suitcase-shape bag
- The tent is expensive
9. Happybuy Inflatable Paint Booth Tent
This inflatable paint booth is most durable, thanks to its superior construction. It is made using a PU coating with 0.45mm PVC.
So, there’s no worry about it getting damaged or pieced. Also, it keeps the noise inside to keep the surroundings quiet.
Moreover, its construction is moisture, rust, and corrosion-proof. Also, it is highly flame and UV-resistant to ensure maximum protection.
Furthermore, it’s breathable, which makes sure that workers inside enjoy greater ventilation.
Next, you will love its details. The product includes high-power blowers at 350W and 750W along with D-rings. Plus, its double-sided zippers allow you easy exit and access inside the tent.
Furthermore, both sides come with a cotton window that is 100% dustproof. So, you will enjoy a cleaner workspace that results in a better paint finish.
You can use the paint booth for car and motorbike paint. Plus, you may even use it as an emergency medical rescue, camping, or tourism tent. Its large space with great ventilation will offer you maximum comfort inside.
- Dust, rust, UV, and water-proof workplace with great durability
- The spray tent supports multipurpose applications for various jobs
- Powerful blowers with carbon-filter keep the workspace clean
- The zippers and seams are flawlessly constructed for durability
- The spray paint booth is highly expensive.
Buying Guide for The Best Spray Painting Tent
Here, we have reviewed nine top-quality spray paint tents of various styles. Yet, you may be determined to get the job done on your own. But how will you select the right tent for spray paint?
We have developed a thorough buying guideline for this purpose.
The list includes all the important factors to consider for spray paint tents for all, including hobbyists, professionals, and intermediate painters.
The spray booths come in various styles. Some come pre-assembled that will only need the poles to become a fully functional tent. Some will be fully assembled and only needs pop-up applications.
The pop-up spray paint tents are the most convenient ones and are widely used too. These are lightweight, portable, and ideal for crowded spaces too.
Another popular style is the inflatable spray paint tent or booths. It comes with a blower and takes a few minutes for inflates. So, these inflatable tents are used mostly in commercial and large-scale workshops and construction sites.
Nonetheless, this style of spray booth is expensive too.
Size is perhaps the biggest factor to consider as you decide to purchase the spray paint tents. First, you have to determine your working needs for this. For instance, hobbyists working at home with small projects will need smaller tents.
On the other hand, workshop owners and professional painters will need larger ones.
For large projects, working with a collapsible paint tent will be the best solution. These will fold easily when not in use and will pop up quickly too. The ideal size may go from 5ft width and 7ft length to 7. ft width and 10ft long or more.
For smaller paint projects, a benchtop paint booth will work fine. However, it is compact and needs a smaller space for painting.
Breathability and Air Filtration
Make no mistake that spray paint contains a massive amount of paint dust, including volatile aerosol and toxic particles. Hence, working in a well-ventilated space is a must. But how do you get such good air circulation?
You may look at the air filtration system of the tent. First, check the exhaust fan power and hose expansion ability. An exhaust fan with enhanced power and an expansion hose will keep the interior ventilated and cool.
You may want at least a 12watts fan for this purpose. Also, the hoses are expandable up to 7.5ft or even more.
Next, consider the breathability if you are using a high-end inflatable spray paint booth. The tent breathability will keep the inside moisture-free and dry.
The spray paint tent’s breathability and air filtration mechanism also yield a smoother and better paint finish.
Lightweight and Portability
A spray paint tent is designed to work in various conditions. Also, you will have to take it to the painting location and take it back to the storage after the paintwork. Hence, the portability of the tent is a must-have thing.
If the paint spray tent seems weighty, you may not find it portable. Hence, your aim should be to get a lightweight and portable spray paint tent. Luckily, most spray tents on our list are highly portable.
So, you will love their transportability.
Construction and Durability
Most spray paint tents are made of vinyl. Therefore, it may have single or multiple layers. Multiple layered vinyl tents are undoubtedly more durable.
Also, inflatable spray paints are mostly made of PVC material. It may use the PCV fabric of different thicknesses. So, look at the fabric to ensure a durable spray paint tent.
Also, check the seams and stitches to ensure maximum lifespan.
The spray paint tents aren’t evenly priced. It means these spraying booths come in various price ranges depending on their size, different features, and construction. So, it is important to determine your budget for them firstly.
Once you have fixed your requirements and budget, you can start searching for the best spray painting tent within the budget. For high-end spray tents with multiple add-on features, you will need to pay a handsome amount.
You need to get a spray paint tent with the best value for money. Otherwise, you may get frustrated with its performance.
You may also want some add-on and practical features for the spray paint booths. For instance, a tent with LED lights will increase the visibility of the workplace. In addition, it will help in a better paint finish.
Plus, check whether or not the booth allows a two-booth combination.
It can be, indeed, a spectacular feature if you want a larger workspace. Also, the combination process of two different booths should be easy and quick.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I make a spray paint tent at home?
Yes, you can manufacture a homemade spray paint tent. You will need a large piece of vinyl or PVC fabric along with poles for it.
However, you may find adjusting the exhaust fan with the tent setup difficult. Hence, investing in an affordable spray paint tent is a far better solution.
Can spray paint indoor be dangerous?
Yes, spray paint indoor can be dangerous if done inappropriately.
Especially if you work in a congested space without proper ventilation, the aerosol or volatile elements can get into your face and lungs. So, you should work in a well-ventilated space for spray paints.
Will the spray paint fume last even after paintwork?
Although the spray fume will eliminate from the indoor within a couple of days, you will still find swirl inside the house for weeks.
Thus, you recommend using a spray paint tent to absorb the paint fume and keep the surroundings safe and sound.
Spray paint contains volatile elements and fumes, which can cause health hazards. Also, it leaves the spray area stained and messy.
The best spray painting tents with their surrounded walls and drop-on cloth on the floor help you get rid of these issues comfortably.
For extreme heavy-duty and professional purpose, we recommend you the Happybuy Inflatable Paint Booth Tent. It comes with an inflatable feature and blowers to offer excellent ventilation and paint facility.
Also, you may look at the Wagner Spraytech C900139.M HomeRight Spray Shelter.
It is available in small, medium, and large sizes. So, you are at liberty to choose the right size of the Homeright spray tent and enjoy the work.
I am extremely happy to share with you my experience throughout SprayerBoss. As a painter, I like to experiment with new sprayers from different brands. Since my first painting, I love to learn new things every time I doing a painting project for my own or clients. I have painted fences, walls, furniture, cabinets, cars, etc. but painting furniture is more challenging to me. Hope you will get the easiest way I found myself to overcome the difficulties towards a better finish. My hunger is to find the best paint sprayer that took less effort but budgets friendly.