Last Updated on June 28, 2022
An average painter would need to spend over $500 for a good-quality spray gun. And professionals with their high-end and versatile spray guns would even go over $750 for their spray guns.
Thus, with such a massive investment in the spray gun, the painter would want it to last as long as possible without any drop in its performance. One way of maintaining its performance and durability is to keep the gun clean.
But for this, you would need the best spray gun cleaning kit since regular cleaning items would damage the spray gun adding salt to your injury.
The spray gun cleaning kits are so versatile that you may even use them to clean actual pistols, guns, air guns, etc. But, how do you know which spray gun cleaning kit would fit your necessity?
We have come with the top professional spray gun cleaning kit reviews. Also, included are the detailed features, pros, and cons of each product, a cleaning kit buyer guide to aid you in quick purchasing.
Also discussed are the tips and steps to clean the spray gun using the cleaning kit with perfection. Keep reading.
|Best Use With
|YXCC 27 Piece
|HVLP Gravity Paint Sprayer
|- Spray gun filter ( 10 pieces)
- Nylon Tube Brush (9 pieces)( Black, White, Area Black color)
- Needles ( 6 pieces)
- A plastic handle brush (Single-ended)
|Deepest corner of paint sprayer
|- pick-up tube, HVLP, body cavity, detail end brush,
- nylon bristle parts, micro, precision needle set
- spray gun lubricant
|Paint sprayer, rifle, pistol, shotgun
|- bronze bore & rifle chamber brushes
- cleaning mops & gun jags
- patch holders, plastic muzzle guards
|Paint guns and air tools
|- 23 pieces
- End brush with holder ( Mini)
- Needle packs with holder( Micro)
- Tube Cleaning Brush
The 10 Best Spray Gun Cleaning Kit Reviews
A clogged spray gun will result in a softer finish. Also, with a dirty sprayer gun, you will need more time to finish off the paint as the materials would come much slower.
On top of it, a contaminated paint material would need more time for drying.
All these disadvantages of a dirty sprayer gun will lead to a forgettable spray paint experience. But, with the cleaning kit, you can quickly clean off and remove the clogs from the gun and nozzle.
It will take only a few minutes, but the result is more than you would expect.
1. YXCC 27 Piece Spray Gun Cleaning Kit
The YXCC 27-piece spray gun cleaning kit is a superb product that gets the top position in the list thanks to its completeness.
Yes, it comes with everything essential to clean the sprayer gun, from the different-sized brushes to the needed cleaning filter and needles.
The kit offers different brushes to clean different air sprayer guns, airbrushes, and even pistols. Different-sized brushes come in handy to clean different parts of the sprayer gun.
Plus, these brushes are made of premium nylon with perfect softness and hardness. So, cleaning the gun interior and exterior should be easy.
The package includes one white and three large tube brush, one area brush, one single-end brush, and five mini brushes.
The brushes are usable both for interior and exterior cleaning purposes. Hence, you can use these brushes to remove the cavity, paint material, and any residues properly.
Also, you can use unsoiled new air caps.
Next, you will get six needles of different sizes. These needles will help you in retaining the gun rings and cleaning the clogs and seals shortly.
The needles and different sized brushes will work together to offer you one of the effortless spray gun cleaning experiences.
The cleaning kit offers truly versatile tools. You can use them to clean anything that needs precision and accuracy.
Whether you are a professional paint sprayer or tattoo man, this multi-purpose cleaning kit is going to be a game-changer item in your inventory.
- Brand: YXCC
- Pieces: 27 pieces
- Weight: 8 ounces
- Dimensions: 14.29 x 6.42 x 1.42 inches
- Versatile cleaning kit for sprayer guns and another precision cleaning
- Includes 27 pieces with different brushes, needles, and cleaning gun filter
- Its brushes will easily get through the smallest crevices and holes
- Ideal for cleaning both interior and exterior parts of the sprayer gun
- The brushes will catch rust
- The plastic cover isn’t so good
2. Astro 4544 Master Spray Gun Cleaning Kit
Next on our list is the Astro 4544 cleaning kit for professional uses. It comes with 12 pieces of brush set and 6 needles to offer you a supreme cleaning facility.
Whether you want to remove the clog from the spray gun tip or get rid of the debris, this cleaning kit is ready to accomplish the job.
The package includes 3 pieces of brush set for the detailed end, 12” tube brush, 5 pieces of mini brush, cavity and body brush, and the pick-up tube.
Hence, you can use these brushes to clean every inch of the sprayer guns. The HVLP brush will help you clean the HVLP sprayer, and the cavity brush will wipe out the cavities and residues like they never existed.
The brushes are made of nylon that doesn’t cause scratches on the gun. Plus, these brushes are durable enough to last a few seasons at least.
So, you can use them for multiple projects to wash off the sprayer gun and enjoy an optimal painting performance.
There are six precision needles, too, along with the needle handles. It will assist you in reaching the smallest cervices to remove the debris.
The cleaning set will enable you to clean air caps, fluids, air passages, and exteriors. Plus, you can use it to clean actual guns, tattoo kits, and whatnot! Just make sure you use these brushes with patience and reach the cervices and holes properly.
The effortless cleaning experience will be a memorable one.
- Brand: Astro
- Pieces: 12 pieces
- Weight: 0.64 ounces
- Dimensions: 10 x 6.75 x 1.5 inches
- The cleaning kit will reach every corner of the sprayer gun
- Easy cleaning and so, even the novice painters can use it
- The cleaning kit price is pretty reasonable for all
- Great durability with the nice product box for storage
- Lacks versatility due to fewer number pieces
3. Fuji Spray Gun Cleaning Kit with Lubricant
Fuji has been a reliable name in the paint spraying industry for its elite products in the most affordable pricing and lasting durability.
The spray gun cleaning kit is no exception and talks about their true experience for user-friendly manufacturing items.
The kit includes a long tube brush to reach the deepest corner of the gun. The pick-up brush is 12″ long and will even help you clean the long barrels of pistols and guns.
So, you can expect to get rid of the smallest debris quickly and enjoy the best performance.
Plus, you will get the HVLP brush, mini-brush set, nylon bristle brush, and body cavity brush. These different brushes offer a versatile cleaning experience. Thus, you can keep the sprayer gun in neat conditions.
On top of it, you will also get 6 pieces of needles for precision cleaning of the smallest holes. It makes the sprayer gun maintenance even easier. In short, you will love the unique performance of the brush and needle set.
And yes, did I mention that you will also get a cleaning lubricant? It helps you to save money from buying the lubricant separately. It’s another money-saving deal, right?
- Brand: Fuji
- Pieces: 16pieces
- Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Dimensions: 2.1 x 13.15 x 2.1 inches
- Elite cleaning products within a pretty reasonable pricing
- Includes a cleaning lubricant for quick and accurate cleaning
- Easily removes the thick film of sprayer material and debris
- Long tube brush to clean barrels effortlessly and properly
- The durability is a little below the expected level
4. Raiseek Gun Cleaning Kit
This is a professional gun cleaning kit that you may use to wash off the sprayer guns too. It comes with everything essential to clean, remove clogs and maintain the sprayer gun optimally.
Also, as a professional gun cleaning kit, it comes with everything to clean all calibers. Its set includes multiple cleaning items that will suit guns and sprayers of all sizes and requirements.
The kit comes with a great case having specific space for each item. Hence, you can easily recognize all the cleaning items without looking at their numbers and sizes. It shortens the cleaning time and helps you better focus on the process.
Plus, the durable casing will make the kit arrangement easy and quick for you. It is also pretty durable with strong plastic construction.
The kit includes multiple rods for different calibers. It also has 9 pieces of bore brushes with threading. It can clean the spray gun as seamlessly as you may expect or even more.
The adapters, rods, and patches are all made of rust-treated brass material. So, you will get rust and corrosion-free performance. It further adds to its overall value.
The package supports heavy-duty sprayer gun cleaning. Also, its versatility is worth the high price the cleaning set offers.
- Brand: Raiseek
- Pieces: 27 pieces
- Weight: 2.3 pounds
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 8.1 x 2.1 inches
- An ideal cleaning set for sprayer guns, pistols, and guns of various calibers
- Includes 27 pieces of versatile kits to clean all interior and exterior parts
- The durable casing with particular space for every kit makes arrangement easy.
- The cleaning kit is highly expensive
5. Raiseek Universal Gun Cleaning Kit
Are you on the lookout for the best spray gun cleaning kit for all-purpose use? Then, we suggest you get a look at the Raiseek Universal cleaning kit.
It has all the parts essential to clean guns of different calibers, including 22, 243, 270, 30, 357, 9MM, 40, 45, 12, and 20 gauge.
So, whether you want to clean the harmless sprayer gun or maintain the actual pistol, this set of cleaning kits is ready to do the job with extreme easiness.
The supplies include cleaning rods for all calibers, jags, adapters, and patch holders. The rod’s design has been reinforced for durability. Also, the other cleaning parts are made of durable and rust-proof brass for added lifespan.
You will love how the Raiseek cleaning kit offers superior performance season after season.
The package even has two handles for the cleaning rods. So, you can easily hold them and clean the sprayer gun. On top of it, the cleaning kit comes in beautiful packaging.
It has different sections for the different parts making the kit arrangement easy. It is made of durable plastic with a buckle. It makes the kit carrying easy and fun.
- Brand: Raiseek
- Pieces: 27 pieces
- Gun patches: 100 pieces
- Weight: 2.3 pounds
- A complete package for cleaning all sprayer gun and guns
- Carry holder has a buckler for quick and easy portability
- Universal cleaning kit for professional and workshop uses
- Durable brass constriction prevents rust-formation
- The kit is pretty expensive
6. CANOPUS Professional Spray Gun Cleaning Kit
Many professionals find it hard to maintain and clean their HVLP airless sprayer and spray gun – The clogged gun results in poor paint finish and increased wastage.
You can quickly get rid of such problems with the professional spray gun cleaning kit from Canopus. It comes with a complete set of 23 pieces to clean spray guns, tattoo guns, airless sprayers, and real pistols.
The supply includes e mini end brushes, 5 mini brushes, one large brush tube, and one large bristle brush.
The mini brushes can reach the smallest cervices to wipe out retaining rings, clean grimes and seals, and other particles. The six various needles will allow you to remove the clogging shortly.
Plus, you will also get one bottle of cleaning lubricant. So, you can use it to keep the sprayer gun clean for a long period.
The long and large general-purpose brush is used to clean the exterior. The manufacturing quality is pretty impressive, and you can expect the set to last a few seasons at ease.
The kit’s arrangement and storage are made effortless with the carry case. It has particular compartments for specific tools to make the arrangement easier.
- Brand: Canopus
- Pieces: 23 pieces
- Weight: 15.5 ounces
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 7.09 x 1.73 inches
- A complete cleaning kit with all essential tools
- The large bristle brush is ideal for multi-purpose use
- The pricing is pretty affordable, even for beginners
- Its brushes will start wearing off soon
7. CANOPUS 20 Piece Spray Gun Cleaning Kit
This set of cleaning kits also comes from Canopus, but it has added facility.
Although the set has 20 pieces of cleaning tools, the construction and design fall in the elite category. It is designed to clean all kinds and parts of the spray gun, including paint cups and nozzles.
Its 20-piece supplies include a mini brush set, mini end brush, general-purpose brushes, and a long cleaning tube.
So, you won’t need any other tools to wipe off the retaining grimes, debris, and paint materials from the spray gun. The best benefit of the cleaning kit is its premium construction.
All the brushes are made used horsehair, wool, and bristles, depending on their user requirements. Its high-quality materials offer a superior cleaning experience.
The frames of the tools are made of rust-proof stainless steel. So, there’s no question about their durability either. And with different-sized brushes and needles, you ought to fall in love with the cleaning set.
Last but not least, natural woolen and horsehair brushes will provide the best spray gun cleaning experience for professionals and beginners alike.
- Brand: Canopus
- Pieces: 20 pieces
- Weight: 2.39 ounces
- Dimensions: 11.81 x 7.91 x 0.31 inches
- The brushes and bristles are made of natural wool and horsehair for effective cleaning.
- Rust and abrasion-proof stainless steel frame ensures maximum durability
- The unit is pretty lightweight and so highly portable to carry in paint projects
- The package doesn’t include any carrying box or set
8. TOOLUXE 31209L HVLP Air Spray Paint Gun Cleaning and Maintenance Kit
Are you tired of clogged spray guns amidst the project completion?
If so, brace the 22 pieces cleaning set from Tooluxe and see how swiftly it unclogs the sprayer gun to finish off the paint projects. This high-end set is truly one of the best spray gun cleaning kits in the market right now.
Thankfully, its 22-piece set includes all essential cleaning kits making it a complete package.
The brush bristles are made of wire. The wired brushes are, however, flexible enough to reach the tough corners and tough cavities.
Also, wired brushes are powerful enough to wipe out the toughest debris, cavities, and paint materials at ease.
The brushes are of different sizes enabling you to clean all the interior and exterior parts of the gun at ease. It results in quick finishing of the painting project.
Also, the spray gun will enjoy a prolonged lifespan thanks to immaculate cleaning and maintenance.
The tool kit tray features compartmentalized sections. So, you can easily arrange all the brushes and tools and may even carry them on various projects.
Finally, its steel construction is ready to offer heavy-duty cleaning applications for professional uses.
- Brand: Tooluxe
- Pieces: 22 pieces
- Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Dimensions: 14.17 x 1.85 x 2.36 inches
- Stainless steel wired brushes offer versatile cleaning applications
- Includes multiple brushes and needles to wash off all types of debris
- A compartmentalized carry tray makes tool carrying and arrangement easy
- The set lacks any soft-bristled brush for delicate tool cleaning
9. Terberl 27 Pieces Spray Gun Cleaning Set
The Terberl spray gun cleaning set is a complete package with 27 tools, including wired brushes, nylon tubes, plastic handles, and a gun cleaning filter. So, you can use the set to clean off all spray gun types and other precision cleaning gears.
The best part of the cleaning kit is its spray gun filters. The set includes 10 filters. You can use them to dissolve the clogged particles quickly.
It is pretty handy in the middle of projects when you need to unclog the spray guns quickly. At one point, it fastens the project speed. And on the other point, it will extend the spray gun lifespan too.
Plus, the superior finish will be a nice bonus.
Its other cleaning accessories include 5 mini brushes, 1 white tube brush, 3 black tube brushes, and 1 area nylon brush. It permits you to give the spray gun a detailed cleaning.
On top of it, the set also has 6 precision needles with the holder. So, you can use the needles to remove dirt, retaining grime, and debris for quality painting performance.
The wired brushes have horsehair and wool at their top. It permits softer cleaning with accuracy without damaging the delicate parts of the spray gun. The overall cleaning experience will be brisk too.
- Pieces: 27 pieces
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Dimensions: 13.39 x 5.91 x 0.47 inches
- Includes cleaning brushes and filters for total unclogging and washing
- The brush design is durable and ideal for versatile cleaning jobs
- The brush set is affordably priced and suits even novice painters
- It lacks any compartmentalized tray to store the tools
10. DeVilbiss 192212 Professional Spray Gun Cleaning Kit
DeVilbiss has earned good fame in the spray gun market to clean off the guns at ease. This time they have introduced a simple but pretty practical cleaning kit for both professionals and newbie spray painters.
It includes picking tools, cleaning brushes, and cleaning wires for perfect maintenance of the spray gun before and after each cleaning project. The pick tools will help pick the debris and smaller particles easily to unclog the spray gun nozzle.
On the contrary, the wired brush will take care of the toughest grime and debris to clean off the brush. Also, you will get a soft-bristled brush. It can reach the hard-to-reach cervices and remove the clogged particles from the spray gun.
Thus, you should enjoy a pretty tension-free painting session with this spray gun kit. It will help you maintain and extend the spray gun lifespan. And isn’t it a money-saving deal?
- Brand: DeVilbiss
- Pieces: 5 pieces
- Weight: 3.4 ounces
- Dimensions: 9.4 x 4.3 x 0.8 inches
- Most affordable spray gun cleaning kit
- Ideal for professionals with the simple cleaning task
- Easy to carry with only a few tools in the package
- Not a versatile cleaning set
Buying Guide on the Best Spray Gun Cleaning Kit
A cleaning kit is essential to maintain the spray gun in optimum conditions. You can quickly unclog the spray gun using the needles and brushes of the cleaning kit. However, you need to purchase a good quality spray gun cleaning kit firstly.
You may look at the following factors while buying the cleaning kit-
A cleaning kit must be versatile. It means the kit should be able to clean different spray guns, HVLP sprayers, and other gears that need precision and careful cleaning. If a cleaning kit isn’t versatile, it would lack different-sized brushes too.
The versatility will depend on the number of pieces the kit pack includes. It should offer multiple brushes of different sizes, such as mini-brush sets, long wired brushes, cleaning tubes, and pick-up tubes for total cleaning.
Pieces of Cleaning Tools
The versatility of the cleaning kit will depend on the number of tools the kit package provides. The complete package will include 23 to 27 pieces of cleaning kits. These are the most high-end cleaning kits on the market.
You can use these complete kits to clean spray guns, pistols, airbrushes, and other devices too.
However, if you want something for medium-duty cleaning jobs, getting a set of 12 to 17 pieces will work fine. The beginners will love it, thanks to the affordability.
Brush Design and Sizes
It is expected that the cleaning kit will have multiple cleaning brushes. However, you need to look at the brush design and its manufacturing materials. Most brushes are wired and made of stainless steel brushes.
Also, high-end cleaning kits include natural wool and horsehair-made brushes. These kinds of brushes will help in cleaning the smallest cervices with easy reach. Also, natural element-made brushes will help in better cleaning too.
The durability of the spray gun kit is a pretty concerning issue. Also, there’s no particular duration period for these spray guns. Hence, you need to look at the manufacturing quality.
First off, check the warranty period and conditions for the cleaning kit.
The brushes are made mostly of stainless steel. So, it should be durable anyway. However, look at whether or not these brushes are rust, abrasion, and shock-proof.
A rust and shock-proof brush will last longer than regular brushes and cleaning tubes.
A cleaning kit comes with multiple tools. Hence, you need a tray or toolbox to arrange the tools easily and comfortably. Some cleaning kits will come with a compartmentalized tool tray.
So, it will have specific space for easy brush, pick-up tubes, and other accessories. It will make the kit arrangement and carrying easy and swift.
Also, look at the material used to manufacture the cleaning kits. The plastic-made trays or toolbox will be durable and portable as well. So, focus on the tray design and compartments.
How to Clean Spray Gun Using the Cleaning Kits
When you have the best cleaning kit at your hand, you should be keen to clean off the spray gun. But, you need to be patient and know the cleaning steps properly. It includes the following steps-
- Firstly, clean off the spray paint cup. The cup will accommodate the paint material, and it will flow from the cup to the sprayer gun through the tube. Unscrew the paint cup from the spray gun first.
- Use thinner or paint cleaning solution to soften the paint material. These use a wired or general-purpose cleaning brush to wash off the debris and paint material from the cup.
- Next, you need to disassemble different parts of the spray gun. You may follow the user manual to quickly and properly disassemble the spray gun. As you disintegrate the spray gun parts, keep them on a paper towel.
- It will reduce any chances of losing any parts. Finally, unscrew and remove the air cap. Also, remove the needle.
- Now, in a separate bowl, pour down some thinner or cleaning solvent. Even soapy water will work fine. Submerge the parts of the sprayer gun in the solution for a few minutes.
- It will help you clean the parts better. As you leave the parts submerged, you can keep the gun’s air caps and main parts separately.
- Once the parts are properly soaked, and the residue has been disintegrated, you can start cleaning them. You can use the different-sized brushes and needles to wash the residue and debris from the spray gun.
- After cleaning, dry off the spray gun parts. Then, assemble them properly and store them securely.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I use the spray gun cleaning kit for cleaning guns?
Well, we have described some high-end spray gun cleaning kits in the list. These kits come with 23 to 27 pieces of tools. You can use them to clean the guns, pistols, and airbrushes too.
- What do I use to clean a spray gun?
Spray guns come with various delicate parts. You need to clean and maintain them carefully. Hence, it is recommended that you use a professional spray gun cleaning kit for this purpose.
These kits include multi-sized brushes, different needles, and lubricating tubes that will make the cleaning easy.
- Is it necessary to clean the spray gun between two coats?
As long as the spray gun isn’t clogged, you don’t need to clean it in between two paint coatings. Simply use a rag to clean the tip of the nozzle. If the nozzle gets clogged, use the needle to remove the clog from the nozzle tip.
A spray gun is an expensive investment. Hence, you would want to maintain the spray gun, and the best way of doing so is to keep it clean. The best spray gun reviewed in this list will help you clean and maintain the spray guns for greater performance.
The YXCC 27 Piece Spray Gun Cleaning Kit comes with 27 pieces of tools. It offers fully professional cleaning of the spray guns. Also, it helps you in cleaning other tools too.
Next, you may choose Raiseek Universal Gun Cleaning Kit. It will not only allow you to clean the sprayer gun but also guns of different calibers. It’s a universal gun cleaning kit. So, you will love its user experience.
I am extremely happy to share with you my experience throughout SprayerBoss. As a painter, I like to experiment with new sprayers from different brands. Since my first painting, I love to learn new things every time I doing a painting project for my own or clients. I have painted fences, walls, furniture, cabinets, cars, etc. but painting furniture is more challenging to me. Hope you will get the easiest way I found myself to overcome the difficulties towards a better finish. My hunger is to find the best paint sprayer that took less effort but budgets friendly.