Last Updated on June 17, 2021
Wagner paint sprayers are undoubtedly one of the top and highly reliable brands in paint spraying industries existing in the world. The brand introduces Wagner Flexio 890 paint sprayer for interior walls & ceilings, also Wagner 590 does the same outdoors on less budget.
Wagner paint sprayers are of diverse types which can easily be used by laypersons as well as experts. The sprayer is also efficiently designed to function seamlessly both for a commercial project and a residential one.
Wagner paint sprayer is regarded as the most operational and prevalent painting solution currently obtainable in the market.
The airless paint sprayers are well-known for their proficiency in covering large spaces in recent times with exceptional finishing. This implies that the productivity and excellence of your painting project will improve when using the product.
Wagner sprayer is an efficient tool that enables painters at all levels to work much faster with ease and flawlessness. Usage of the sprayer prevents unintentional waste of paint which is common in the traditional way of painting. Its guns are not restricted to commercial use only, but also suitable for small and medium-scale projects. Guarantees perfect coating which makes surfaces resistant to enable you to enjoy them for a long period of time.
The smooth and perfect finishing of the sprayer makes it suitable for your furniture as well as other lesser finishing tasks. Wagner sprayers are also efficient for the painting of the internal or external surfaces of a house, garage, hut, fences amongst others. It guarantees qualities like the even application of paint, perfect coverage, and best surface quality amongst others.
We Compare Wagner paint sprayers – Have a look
|Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590||2.1 Pounds|
|Wagner 0525027 Power Painter Plus||6 Pounds|
|Wagner 0518050 Control Spray||9.5 Pounds|
|Wagner 0529029 FLEXiO 990||7 Pounds|
|Wagner 0529021 FLEXiO 890||7 Pounds|
Jump To The Right Paint Sprayer
- 1. Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590 Review – (Best Handheld Interior Wall Paint Sprayer)
- 2. Wagner 0525027 – Amazing Airless Paint Sprayer
- 3. Wagner 0518050 – Best Double Duty Paint Sprayer
- 4. Wagner 0529029 FLEXiO 990 – Best Direct Feed Sprayer
- 5. Wagner 0529021 FLEXiO 890 – Best Integrated Storage Sprayer
- Important Parts of Wagner Sprayer
- Wagner Flexio 890 Vs. 590
- Wagner Flexio 3000 Vs. 590
- Wagner Flexio 570 Vs. 590
- Why is Wagner Sprayer the Best?
- Final Verdict
The Wagner Flexio 590 Hand-held paint sprayer is one of the brands manufactured by Wagner. Capable of completing both indoor and outdoor works effectively within record time and has a reasonable price which makes it readily affordable. It is equipped with an X-boost turbine targeting at creating unmatched power.
This Wagner sprayer model offers unique features. This includes the adjustable pressure control with the slightest overspray for light paints. Kit features two nozzles which are iSpray and detail finish nozzle to accomplish different requirements of tasks. For instance, the iSpray nozzle is used for big projects while detail finishing nozzle is basically for a specific painting.
Flexio 590 is pretty portable due to lightweight and does not make crazy noise when compared to the traditional airless sprayers. The rotating cap aid adjustments such as arc width, patterns, etc. The trigger of the machine has 2 stages which are X-Boost turbine and the injection of material respectively.
Judging by the working efficiency and price it has earned its place on this list for Best Wagner Sprayer.
- Capable of spraying 8 gallons of paint per hour
- X-Boost turbine has three times power when compared to traditional sprayers.
- Contains 2 spray nozzles for different purposes.
- Features adjustable flow control
- Lock and go system for detaching the nozzle from the turbine for cleaning purposes.
- iSpray nozzle adjustments comprise horizontal or vertical and wide or narrow patterns
- Easy to handle
- Ideal for exterior surfaces, interior walls, and fine finishing
- Accessory detail finish nozzle for small projects and fine finishing creates a smooth finish
- Capable of spraying solid materials
- X-Boost technology makes it super faster than the conventional paint sprayers
- Adjustable spray patterns enable the easy painting
- Knob optimizes material flow and it’s excellent for finishing touches
- Reasonably priced for its quality and cost-effective
- Easy to clean up
- Sturdy and very flexible
- Saves time
- A complex reservoir screwing system can be difficult to understand sometimes.
- People get uncomfortable with the device after a while because it’s bulky
- Short power cord; it requires an extension cord.
The Wagner Power Painter Plus is a portable sprayer designed for people to accelerate and enhance painting tasks up to 3 times faster when compared to conventional sprayers or brush. Its high-speed piston pump technology combined with the tungsten carbide Optimus Dual tip offers a professional fan molded pattern to achieve the best and most even finish.
Power paint sprayer lets you spray at any angle. As a result, it’s suitable lattice, for shutters, fences, sheds, small houses and garages. The device does not require much time to set up and does not take up to 10 minutes to clean up. Additionally, the suction tube does not leave the paint as the spray gun is turned up, down or sideways enabling for maximum flexibility and versatility.
Wagner Optimus dual tip of the Power Painter Plus uses a dual orifice to make a broader core spray array, excellent coverage, and a reduced amount of overspray. Besides outdoor painting, the sprayer is also suitable for painting furniture with great coverage a smooth surface.
Judging by the piston pump technology, dual-tip, angle efficiency painters can choose this one in the top list.
- Material selector for paint or stain
- Features Optimus Dual Tip for uniform coverage as well as less overspray and extra control
- Capable of applying 6.6 gallons per hour
- Flexible suction tube
- Sure prime suction valve removes need for re-priming after refilling
- 1-quart twist-lock material cup for stress-free attachment and removal
- Simple pour paint lid
- Works great and cleans up easily
- Dual tip technology avoids overspray and enables you to freely access tight corners
- Easy instruction and use
- Uniform coverage in just a single pass due to its low-pressure vacuum between spray jets
- Capable of working with thicker materials
- The device can apply 6.6 gallons of paint per hour; i.e about 600 square feet of coverage per hour.
- Saves plenty of time and energy.
- It can sometimes be regarded as heavy, oftentimes when the supply cup is fully filled
- The size of the power cord is short and requires an extension wire.
The Wagner Control Spray Double Duty works with High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) air power technology in spraying tinny materials such as sealers, stains, lacquers, and varnishes. The two-stage indoor/outdoor-rated air turbine for a constant flow of material and air offers an expert fine finish for stained deck or refinishing of cupboards.
Adjustment of the spray pattern for the horizontal fan, vertical fan, or round pattern shapes to efficiently make the task faster and with the best uniform coverage is made possible with the three-position air cap.
Additionally, the inflow of material is easily well-ordered with the variable trigger and permits users to spray within the range of ½-inch to 9-inch wide patterns. The Wagner Control Spray is very easy to set up and as well clean.
Because of its HVLP technology, fan position, and range of spray it’s a suitable candidate for Best Wagner Paint Sprayer.
- Replaceable filters remove particles from paint
- Features flexible flow trigger to regulate paint flow
- Lock-n-G enables spray cartridge for fast and easy set up as well as clean up
- 2-stage indoor/outdoor rated air turbine offers a fine finish for spraying sealer or stains on decks, cabinet, and fences.
- Two material cups; one-quart one &half-quartz for smaller interior work and larger exterior work respectively.
- HVLP low overspray technology with 3-pattern spray control; horizontal, vertical or round spray patterns.
- Fit for indoor or outdoor purposes.
- Spark-arrested dual-stage motor avoids explosion of combustible fumes
- Coverage per Minute is 4.9 fl. oz.
- The three patterns are useful in that it aid you spray from different angles and still achieve uniform coverage.
- A good number of users stated that Wagner 0518050 is easy to clean after work.
- With this paint sprayer, you can apply any range of thin paint such as stains, varnishes etc.
- The unit works both indoor and outdoor.
- Relatively, the paint sprayer is less expensive amongst the HVLP paint sprayers
- Some users complained that viscosity is hard to adjust for beginners
- Users also observed that the unit is a bit heavy.
Wagner 0529029 FLEXiO 990 Sprayer is a comprehensive painting solution that has an undeviating feed spray system for an uninterrupted large and small project painting with the provided nozzle. Direct Pulling of paint from any can enables for continuous painting and quicker completion with less untidiness.
The FLEXiO 990 makes available flexibility for both indoor and outdoor painting projects. The device provides the power to spray un-thinned paints for complete coverage with flexible control and little overspray. FLEXiO 990 airpower, flow, and pattern adjustments make it suitable for two-story homes, full interior remodels, and outdoor projects.
Additionally, FLEXiO 990 friendly due to features like the onboard one-touch setup, storage, and hands-free cleaning. The accessory nozzle is ideal for finishing small projects, trim or touch-ups.
It is on our Best Wagner Sprayer list because it’s flexibility, feed spray system, one-touch setup capabilities.
- Sprays un-thinned interior and exterior latex paints and stains and oil-based paint and stains
- suitable for projects consisting of large interior and exterior spaces and finishing projects
- Protracted hose for 2-story range
- X-Boost turbine offers flexible control, full coverage and little overspray
- Lock-n-go split gun design for quick and easy nozzle change and simple clean up
- Pattern adjustment ring for vertical and horizontal spray patterns and spray width lever for narrow and wide patterns
- X-Boost power dial on the gun – precise setting for coatings and surfaces
- Draws directly from a 1 – 5-gallon container for nonstop painting
- Includes 2 nozzles and cups for project flexibility
- Wagner 0529029 FLEXiO 990 Sprayer provides fast uniform coverage with less overspray
- Machine possess complete adjustability of power, material flow rate, and pattern
- It comes with 2 nozzles and cups for project flexibility
- Capable of applying up to 9 gals. per hour production
- Lock-n-go split-gun allows users to change nozzle quickly and also makes it easier to clean-up
- The machine is absolutely mobile
- Some users complained it sort of paint waster
- Relatively expensive when compared to other similar types
Wagner 0529021 FLEXiO 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer is both an indoor and outdoor convenient paint system with unified storage. This paint sprayer comes with the advanced iSpray nozzle for extensive surface coverage with un-thinned paints and the Detail Finish nozzle basically for fine finishing projects.
The X-Boost Turbine of FLEXiO 890 creates matchless spraying power and offers flexible control, complete coverage as well as less overspray. It does not contribute to user’s fatigue during long projects since the turbine is contained in the X-Boost Power Box putting the whole weight on the floor and out of the hand. The power box of the machine provides organized storage when not in use as it can house nozzles, the 11.5-foot hose and the handle with integrated power dial.
The Wagner FLEXiO covers up to 8’ x 10’ wall in 5 minutes with un-thinned latex paint. It sprays up to 8.4 Gallons Per Hour. Features a flexible spray pattern, material flow, and airpower all in on the handle; does not require you to go to the base to change settings
Another Wanger paint sprayer from the FLEXiO family. Its suitability for large interior spaces, flexible control, pattern adjustment is also on the list of the Best Wagner Paint Sprayer.
- Reduced user fatigue with turbine weight on the ground
- Suitable for projects comprising large interior spaces, fine finishing, and small exterior surfaces
- X-Boost turbine offers flexible control, complete coverage and less overspray
- iSpray nozzle adjustments include horizontal or vertical and wide or narrow patterns
- Accessory detail finish nozzle for small projects and fine finishing produces a smooth finish
- Pattern adjustment ring for horizontal and vertical spray patterns and spray width lever for wide and narrow patterns
- Sprays un-thinned interior and exterior latex and oil-based paint, stains, and urethane
- Features a 1-1/2 quart cup on the iSpray nozzle and 20 fluid ounce cup on the Detail Finish nozzle.
- Lock-N-Go split gun design for fast nozzle change and easy cleanup
- Includes 1-year
- Sturdy, low weight, capacity to adjust to painting objectives (fine vs. wide)
- Support a large variety of paint/stain types and it’s cost-effective
- Capable of spraying un-thinned paints including paint and primer in one product.
- Nozzle and gun separation with Lock-n-Go feature enables for stress-free cleaning and change of material.
- Regulating triggers to control material flow for the ideal material application.
- Some customers complained of lack of fine finishes and manufacturing defects
Important Parts of Wagner Sprayer
- Pump: This is the heart of a sprayer. It moves or pressurizes the material to be sprayed such as latex paint. They are usually made of sturdy steel so as to create the required pressure needed to atomize paint
- Motor: it is the second most important component of a sprayer. This is the power that drives the pump. Most airless paint sprayers use electric motors or gas engine-driven sprayers.
- Hose: The pressurized liquid is gotten out of the sprayer to the gun and spray tip through the hose. This is a specially constructed hose and designed to hold up to the very high pressure the pump has put the fluid under
- Gun: Pressurized liquid is held back when not needed by the aid of the gun. Thus, it easily turns on and off the flow of material at will.
- Tip: Spray tips control both the spray-fan size and the amount of fluid that is allowed to come out. It is advisable to have different sizes of tips in your painting kit.
- Gun Filter: This is the filter inside the handle of the gun. It is the second line of defense against debris in the paint
- Prime/Spray Valve: The switch that sets the airless sprayer mode to either prime or spray mode
- Intake Tube: The tube that paints to be sprayed is drawn into.
- Return Tube: The tube that returns paint to the bucket during priming of the pump.
Please keep these notes in your mind while purchasing Wagner paint gun that suits you.
Wagner Flexio 890 Vs. 590
Wagner 590 and 890 paint sprayers are both handheld ones. However, Wagner Flexio 890 is slightly lightweight than 590. Wagner 590 can spray up to 8-gallon of paint per hour. Wagner 890 has increased capacity with an 8.5-gallon spraying limit.
Furthermore, Flexio 890 works faster than Flexio 590. The other useful features for spray paint are almost identical for both sprayer models. The two units come with two spray nozzles- one for detailed paint and another for the regular one. Thus, you have the freedom to spray paint on both indoor and outdoor space with these two sprayers.
Nonetheless, Flexio 890 with larger paint containers can work on bigger projects and needs less refilling. So, you might find it more convenient for practical painting applications.
Wagner Flexio 3000 Vs. 590
Although both Wager 590 and 3000 paint sprayers are meant for commercial purposes, they have massive differences in the essential features. Firstly, Wagner 590 has 12 spray settings whereas, Wagner Flexio 3000 has 15 spray settings.
Both sprayers work on different paint materials, including stains, latex, sealers, primers, etc. Also, both models work on the HVLP pump design and are electrically powered. These two units are made for handheld operations.
Nonetheless, Flexio 590 is lightweight at 2.21lbs compared to Flexio 3000 at 9.65 lbs. Flexio 3000 compensates its heavyweight with a powerful 5PSI capacity, while Flexio 590 has 3PSI power only. Both units are durable too. But Flexio 3000 is made of regular plastic. On the other side, Wagner Flexio 590 is made of high-quality polypropylene, which ensures better durability.
Wagner Flexio 570 Vs. 590
The Flexio series from Wagner delivers unbeatable performances when it comes to HVLP paint sprayers. Their Flexio 570 and 590 also promise the same remarkable features. Both HVLP sprayers come with an X-booster turbine for paint projects.
Also, they have an innovative iNozzle for even and detailed spray. Nonetheless, Flexio 590 has better and more features than Flexio 570. For instance, it leads in speed settings and hourly capacity compared to the 590 models. On the contrary, Wagner 570 offers more versatility with its spray settings. Another benefit of Wagner 570 is that it is affordable. So, for beginners and budget users, it is a good solution for HVLP sprayers.
|Popular Wagner Paint Sprayer||Uses||Included|
|Wagner Flexio 570||Household projects like walls, ceilings, exterior siding, fences||–|
|Wagner Flexio 590||Furniture, walls, ceilings, exterior siding, fences, cabinets, trim||2 Nozzles|
|Wagner Flexio 890||Works great with walls, ceilings, cabinets||2 Nozzles|
|Wagner Flexio 3000||Exterior siding, fences, cabinets||–|
|Wagner Flexio 970||Large interior and exterior projects, latex paints, oil-based paint, and stains||–|
|Wagner Flexio 5000||Furniture, walls||2 Nozzles|
Why is Wagner Sprayer the Best?
- Preserves unique surface texture through effective paint application: The application of paint to smooth surfaces manually with a brush or roller involves a direct contact that leaves visible traces due to the tool, such as roller lines or brush marks on the surface. Wagner sprayer preserves the original texture even when working on textured surfaces like woodchip wallpapers. Thus, the texture of the original surface is left intact and this is the edge Wagner sprayer has over other types.
- Better surface quality: Wagner is well known for its smooth finishing. As a result, it protects fences, furniture, and other objects which are exposed to rain, snow, and wind, moisture, and high and low temperatures that can damage their surfaces. The right coating which Wagner gives makes surfaces more resistant.
- Flawless coverage: Wagner paint spraying systems provide a uniform coating of paint and flawless coverage. Results attained with Wagner spraying systems are noticeably superior when compared with other types of sprayers or other methods of paint application. At the end of the day, you deserve the best possible surface finish.
- Work faster and easier: Painting a large area can be hectic and discouraging. Wagner paint spraying systems aid you to save time irrespective of the type of project you are embarking on. When using Wagner, you do not need to pre-coat the corners and edges of the wall with a brush; instead, the paint is quickly applied in just a single pass with even coverage. The adjustable paint jet also helps you to coat tight corners in record time.
To help you to find the Best Wagner Sprayer Here is the recently created list of the Best Wagner Sprayers by evaluating their working efficiency and specifications.
Generally, it is worth purchasing the Best Wagner Sprayer that suites your project well form buying random Wagner paint sprayers. Wagner paint sprayers are suitable for wide surfaces and fast/uniform coverage.
The material flow rate and the spray pattern can easily be controlled, and as a result, creates a surface that looks skillfully painted. No doubt, you will be able to paint large surfaces like a whole room in less than an hour. Additionally, you will save time as well as a lot of energy by removing the traditional roller and brushes.
Though some of the models have few things on them such as the short cable, or the complex screwing system, they are all resolvable. Several professionals and lay users shared their views about Wagner paint sprayers, and a record of them come to an agreement that it’s convenient and worth buying.
You’ll experience and enjoy an excellent performance with lots of expedient features for a reasonable price if you decide to get the Wagner sprayers.
We hope you found this review valuable and useful. Some of the things that are sure with the Wagner products are sturdiness, excellent performance, ease of use, and a skilled paint job.
Which Wagner Flexio is The Best?
Wagner Flexio 890 is the best because it is faster, lightweight, spraying capacity is more than 590 and perfect for professional projects.
Why is my Wagner paint sprayer spitting?
It happens because the fluid or paint material outside the sprayer gun cap has been contaminated with air. When the spray nozzle sits loosely on the spray gun, it is most likely to spit the paint. So, you should tighten the Wagner paint sprayer gun nozzle to stop spitting problems. Also, an airless Wagner sprayer will spit when you release the trigger.
Can you paint a car with a Wagner paint sprayer?
Yes, you can use a Wagner paint sprayer to paint your cars. We recommend you using the Wagner MotoCoat 0529031 for spraying paint on cars. It has adjustable nozzles and automatic power and flows control to get a smooth and even finish on the car surface.
Do you dilute paint when using a sprayer?
If you use incredibly thick latex paint materials, you should dilute them before using them with the sprayer. You should use 10% diluting material for an airless paint sprayer. The actual percentage for weakening would be 20% to 25% for the HVLP paint sprayer. Water or oil-based paint materials don’t require thinning.
Are Graco and Wagner Spray tips interchangeable?
An airless paint sprayer needs an individual spray nozzle tip for spraying paint materials. The standard tip size is 7/8, and you can actually interchange between different brands and models. So, in general, Wagner and Graco spray tips are interchangeable. You have to swap the tip holder for Wagner to use the Graco FFLP spray tip for it.
How do you use a Wagner sprayer to paint a house?
When you have picked the right paint material for the Wager sprayer, start painting with the ceilings. Then paint the interior of the wall and finally, on the exterior. While painting outside, protect the surface with used rags from the paints. Also, clean the nozzle tip in between the two coats. Clean the spray nozzle with running water or mineral spirits to avoid any damage to paint materials. Also, choose the right cup size for the painting procedure.
I am extremely happy to share with you my experience throughout SprayerBoss. As a painter, I like to experiment with new sprayers from different brands. Since my first painting, I love to learn new things every time I doing a painting project for my own or clients. I have painted fences, walls, furniture, cabinets, cars, etc. but painting furniture is more challenging to me. Hope you will get the easiest way I found myself to overcome the difficulties towards a better finish. My hunger is to find the best paint sprayer that took less effort but budgets friendly. My 2nd child Dany N. Bailey always love to repaint his old toys. I will publish new tips and tricks as long as you are benefited from my blog.