Generally, several spray guns are designed to carry out their distinctive set of painting tasks. For instance, High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) spray guns are the Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets which usually employed to complete smaller, detail-oriented painting tasks with maximum result.
A Spray Gun is a portable, convenient and useful sprayer. For people using it for the first time, spray gun gives them a safer, faster, cleaner and easier spray finishing which looks professional. The best Spray Gun often times does not contribute to users fatigue since they are designed with strong but lightweight material with a low-pressure system which makes the process even more expedient.
For several woodworking associates, they prefer using the outdated spray guns which have high volume and high pressure. These kinds of guns are capable of doing their work for them without any uncertainty. However, it does not properly manage material as it takes too much concentration, time and efforts to create a smooth layer and also does not give a professional-look kind of result.
Nevertheless, many painters/paint workers are embarking on the newer types of the modern HVLP Sprayer Systems. The system is cost effective and very efficient in terms of operation and maintenance. Best paint for spraying cabinets will help you to meet your project needs without glitches. Read this review carefully and make the right choice.
- 1 Why You Need a Strong Spray Gun
- 2 Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets List
- 3 1. 3M 16580 Accuspray Spray Gun – Amazing Spray Gun for painting cabinets With Standard PPS
- 4 2. PowRyte Basic Mini Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun – Awesome Spray Gun With Regulator
- 5 3. Astro 4008 – Amazing Spray Gun
- 6 4. Neiko 31215A – Perfect For DIY Projects
- 7 5. Campbell Hausfeld CHK005CCAV – Best Spray Gun Kit
- 8 Buying Guide For Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets
- 9 Final Verdict
Why You Need a Strong Spray Gun
- Speed: A paint sprayer is the best choice when you have limited time on a renovation/fresh project. Thus, best handheld paint spray gun is very fast when compared to the outdated paint brushes or rollers. This is because of the rapid complete paint coverage of a surface produced from tiny paint particles that come out of the spray gun. This is principally perfect for complicated areas, such as tight spaces or wall corners that rollers can’t usually touch.
- Smooth paint coverage: Another great value of a paint spray gun is the uniform finish that it gives; the fine paint spray guarantees that all surfaces are perfectly touched, unlike paint rollers or brushes. A paint spray gun is suitably used for more difficult tasks, such as furniture and stairs. An HVLP spray gun is a perfect one for such tasks.
An uneven finish can be achieved when using a spray paint gun. This is as a result of too much of an overlap with the previously painted section. Sometimes, it is also caused by the type of material used. So, it’s important you take all these factors into consideration when using a spray gun.
- Reduced Overspray: When using a spray gun, more paint is emitted from the gun onto the surface you’re painting; this is peculiar to the HVLP spray guns because they have more air than pressure. As a result of moderate spray, paint does not splash nor wasted. Hence, guns are more environmentally friendly due to less pollution.
Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets List
|1||3M 16580 Accuspray Spray Gun System with Standard PPS||3.8 Pounds||$$$|
|2||PowRyte Basic Mini HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun with Regulator||1.1 Pounds||$$|
|3||Astro 4008 Spray Gun with Cup, Red Handle, 1.8mm Nozzle||1.4 Pounds||$$|
|4||Neiko 31215A HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun | 1.7mm Nozzle Size | 600cc Aluminum Cup||2.8 Pounds||$$|
|5||Spray Gun Kit, Gravity Feed, HVLP includes 2 Spray Guns, Accessories and Carrying Case (Campbell Hausfeld CHK005CCAV)||7.7 Pounds||$$|
1. 3M 16580 Accuspray Spray Gun – Amazing Spray Gun for painting cabinets With Standard PPS
3M 16580 Accuspray Spray Gun System with Standard PPS is a unique High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) spray gun that essentially sprays a lot of paint even using low air pressure. This implies that it adequately puts more paint where you want it, and less/none into the air which results to waste and pollution.
This feature of lower pressures is actually perfect in enclosed spaces like the kitchen. Accuspray gun paint finish is smoother and requires fewer cleanups. The system provides many other benefits such as easy clean nozzles, unique nozzle sizes that allows different products to be sprayed. Which is why it is at the top of our Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets list.
The application of several materials is practicable due to easy change of nozzle size and cleaning. It also allows users to find new ways of refinishing kitchen cabinets to beautify the kitchen. Material flow is consistent and very smooth. Additionally, the device is light to work with and thus gives users the capacity to be creative. The reduced overspray and tight spray patterns of Accuspray gun ensure less masking and fewer cleanups.
Features of 3M 16580 Accuspray Spray Gun
- Durable, lightweight 1-piece composite spray gun body which is simple to maintain and use
- Requires almost no cleaning and no maintenance kits
- Replaceable atomizing heads
- 1.4 mm, 1.8 mm and 2.0 mm atomizing heads gives versatility for a complete range of materials
- PPS liners eradicate the need to clean cups
- PPS system offers all-in-one mixing/measuring, filtering, spraying and temporary protection of liquid coating materials for continued use
- Transparent re-usable atomizing heads which makes it easy to determine when the gun is clean
Pros & Cons of 3M 16580 Accuspray Spray Gun
- System allows painters to mix less paint, reduce the usage of their solvent by 70%
- Spend fewer time cleaning spray guns and cups
- Device is Lightweight
- The gun system is sturdy and wear-resistant
- Fast, easy controls for fan diameter, fluid and air pressure enables quick adjustment across jobs
- Users report that it works for only thin priming
- The product is expensive
2. PowRyte Basic Mini Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun – Awesome Spray Gun With Regulator
PowRyte Basic Mini HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun is fashioned out for detail, touch-up and small jobs. High Volume Low-Pressure technology offers a higher transfer of paints and well as reduces overspray.
It comes with 3 inbuilt control knobs which provide flexibility to adjust airflow, spray pattern and fluid. This control knob creates more precise fan patterns and less waste.
The In-line filter of the device guarantees clean paint that will aid you to get the best result. Additionally, PowRyte paint sprayer gun also features a suspension hook and stainless steel needles for vital consistency. This paint gun comes fully with a metal-air regulator, a cleaning brush and a multi-size wrench. Because of these features, it is one of the toppers for its kind on the list of our Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets.
Feature of PowRyte Basic Mini HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun
- HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) technology offers a higher transfer of paints while reducing clogs and overspray.
- Device suspension hook allows easy storage
- Comes with 3 inbuilt control knobs: Fluid control knob regulates the quantity of paint sprayed, Pattern control knob help adjusts the fan pattern size, and air adjustment valve offers flexibility to adjust air flow
- Comes with filter which ensures clean paint, aiding you to get the best professional result
- Set of the device includes metal air regulator, a cleaning brush 4.2 oz. plastic cup.
- Nozzle is size 0.0315 in. /0.8mm
- Working Pressure of device is 20-30 PSI
Pros & Cons of PowRyte Basic Mini HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun
- Machine is 100x better than my airbrush due to the improved volume of paint this gun emits
- With this machine, your painting time can be cut down to 1/3 of what it was with brush and roller
- Less overspray and also saves a lot of paint from being wasted
- Sprays a great pattern and gives a professional result
- The plastic feeder cup gets opaque due to too much absorption of dye and as a result, you can’t see when you’re running out of product
- Some users complained of poor construction of device
- The lens is an inexpensive plastic so, cleaning with any material is going to ruin it
3. Astro 4008 – Amazing Spray Gun
Astro 4008 Spray Gun with Cup is lightweight, but still very sturdy. It is made of the aluminum cup and other non-rusting constituents. No doubt, the machine is known for its durability and remarkably lightweight.
Due to its lightweight, there isn’t much user fatigue when using this particular sprayer. The operation pressure at 50-60 PSI is a bit high but still equally convenient with almost every compressor.
The Astro Pneumatic 4008 Spray Gun with Cup – Red Handle 1.8mm Nozzle is also designed for quick application of primers, glues and heavy coatings. This tool will undoubtedly improve efficiency and save you money by reducing waste.
The machine can be used for various purposes; range of use consists of woodworking, production and cabinet shops as well as marine and industries.
Astro spray gun comes with a lot of features such as the Nozzle Size which is 1.8mm, Operation Pressure is at 50-60psi which appropriate for even spray of material. The device weighs pounds with a dimension (W X H) of 6-1/2-inch by 12-inch, its average air consumption is 7-12cfm while Air Inlet Thread NPT is 1/4-inch. Required Compressor for Astro spray gun is 3hp. With these features it has taken it’s place on the list of the Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets.
Features of Astro 4008 Spray Gun
- Spray gun is very easy to clean
- Comes with two-piece design with gun featuring special air valve design
- Complete adjustable wide fan pattern control
- 1-quart capacity dripless cup
- Nozzle Size is 1.8mm
- Item dimension is 12 x 7.2 x 4.2 inches
- Weight of machine is 2 pounds
- Comes with one year warranty
Pros & Cons of Astro 4008 Spray Gun
- You can adjust the width/height and the quantity of material sprayed
- Cleans up very nicely and is very well designed
- perfect for acrylic and for some other oil based material
- Lightweight but very sturdy
- Device does not last long on paints with high solvents
- Users report revealed that it is only limited to small or medium scale project
- It is expensive
4. Neiko 31215A – Perfect For DIY Projects
Usually, Paint sprayers make use of several techniques for spray material through the nozzle. The efficiency of your suction pump system to feed the paint is a major determinant. Neiko 31215A HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun is definitely one of the best gravity feed paint sprayers that provide a lot of benefits with a professional finishing.
With Neiko 31215A, an air compressor discharges a pressured air through the gun that combines with the paint to atomize it, enabling you to carry out the actual painting and accomplish a smooth coat. In this case, the paint is stored in a cup that is situated on top of the gun, enabling gravity to have the paint flowing into the spray chamber for atomization
Neiko 31215A gravity spray gun does not require any mechanisms to pull the paint; which means that you have more effectiveness and control over the full spraying process. That’s why we have placed it on our list of the Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets.
Features of Neiko 31215A HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun
- HVLP gravity feed fluid delivery design works with three adjustable valve knobs for exact paint application
- Gun is made of steel body, corrosion-resistant stainless steel nozzle and sturdy brass cap for stability and longevity
- Multi-purpose and can be used for primer, metallic basecoat and a variation of automotive and household painting jobs
- Operation pressure of 40 PSI, Working pressure of 10 PSI and Average air consumption 4.5 CFM
- The set consists of 600cc aluminum cup with lid, metal-air gauge/regulator, a cleaning brush and a multi-size wrench
- Dimension of device is 6 x 5 x 9 inches
- Device weighs up to 2.8 pounds
Pros & Cons of Neiko 31215A HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun
- Rust-resistant metal
- Stainless steel is also very strong and can withstand the high pressures required to complete the actual spraying process.
- Spray well with even coverage
- Good price
- It is adequate for regular urethane and great for primer
- Easy to modulate trigger
- Most of the nuts are way over tightened so, it will take extra effort to loosen them for cleanup
- Works with only thin liquids
5. Campbell Hausfeld CHK005CCAV – Best Spray Gun Kit
The Campbell Hausfeld gravity-feed spray gun kit (CHK005CCAV) is the perfect beginner collection of equipment for home spray painting task. The machine comes with two spray guns that are suitable for touch-ups or larger jobs. The HLVP (high-volume, low-pressure) design lessens paint waste and gives exact results.
The CHK005CCAV kit consists of air adjusting valve with gauge, gravity-feed spray gun with 550ml canister, paint filters, touch-up spray gun with 120ml canister, cleaning kit and extra storage case for fast and simple storage of equipment and fittings.
The spray gun kit can be used for several purposes such as carpentry painting, automotive painting and a variation of several home tasks. With this device, you will be able to complete your projects with ease and comfort without wasting so much time and energy. It may be the perfect choice for the Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets for beginners.
Features of Campbell Hausfeld CHK005CCAV
- HLVP (high-volume, low-pressure) design lessens paint wastage and gives a professional result
- Offers best particle size and atomization of paint for a uniform spray.
- Carrying case creates appropriate storage and well as handiness
- Machine includes 2 adjusting valves, 2 spray guns, 5 in-line paint filters, PTFE thread tape, 3 cleaning brushes, metal file, 10 paint filters, coupler and a wrench
- The 2 spray guns require 2.1 SCFM and 0.7 SCFM at 40 PSI individually.
- Weight of the device is 7.7 pounds while its dimension of is 15.5 x 13.4 x 4.8 inches
Pros & Cons of Campbell Hausfeld CHK005CCAV
- Comes with bigger task spray gun and smaller, touch-up spray gun
- Gravity feed spray guns are very effectual than the orthodox ones
- Less overspray enhances use of classy paints & varnishes
- Offers control of airflow at the gun, providing you more control
- Cleaning Kit keeps spray guns in perfect condition for professional painting outcome
- Features custom storage case that Keeps all the parts organized and free from dust
- The device is relatively expensive
Buying Guide For Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets
- Quality: In order to choose the Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets or for any other paintings , This is a factor that is essential in every spraying gun. Usually, all the manufacturers of spray guns are not standard in the market. So, do a good research for the brand with a good reputation and that meet up with your tasks. Check the sincere buyer reviews, the warranties. Also, check for included accessories or extra parts and relate them to other brands in the same class
- Cost: Despite the negligence of cost, the basic truth is that it is undoubtedly the most vital factor for almost everybody buying an HVLP sprayer gun. You can get a collection of 3 or 4 spray guns in your target price array and grow your search on each of these brands. This will aid you to get the Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets and will be a resonable device for your money.
- Power: The power of a spray gun is generally measured in CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute) and PSI (Pressure per Square Inch). You can make your choice of Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets by bearing in mind the power in CFM ratings. Though, this is dependent on your need; you could want it for painting your furniture, small room, or for a professional daily use,
- Uses: You have to identify your tasks before buying a spray gun. HVLP spray gun used for painting of car differs from one employed for your home. It is crucial to find a peculiar spray gun that suits your needs.
All the spray guns reviewed here is of utmost benefit for the painters who seek to take their work to the maximum level with a professional result, exclusively in the woodworking field, automobile and homes. Some of these reviewed guns are HVLP spray guns which have two main categories namely turbine spray guns (sprayers) and conversion guns.
In order to choose the Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets or for other paintings, it is important to know that all the HVLP sprayer systems do not work the same as different HVLP paint sprayers are designed for several applications. However, best spray gun must have the ability to work on several applications with a flexible spray pattern and convenient air power on the handle.
Also, it should enable you to regulate the spray pressure and pattern while working. These Best Spray Gun Reviews / Best Spray Gun for Painting Cabinets reviews for different kind of materials will aid beginners to have a learning curve and the professionals to experience an excellent run through.