Painting your house is a long and tedious project. First, you need to move the furniture out of the way or cover them with plastic. Next, you have to whip out your trusty paintbrush or paint roller and a can of paint from the store. After that, you have to start painting whatever you’re going to paint. Whether you’re painting furniture or your wall, you’re going to have to start from the corners and paint your way until everything is covered in paint. While you’re at it, you have to go back to places where you might have missed. If you see small paintless, you have to cover them with another coating. Lastly, you have to add finishing touches to make the paint look flawless.
While it may sound easy to paint a house, it’s actually harder than it seems. You must also make sure that you add the coating of paint in even strokes otherwise the paint will look uneven. You must also make sure that you put on probably two coats of paint to ensure that the paint won’t easily chip off. The whole process in itself is very long and so tedious that your body might ache the next day. Fortunately, there is an easier way to paint your house or furniture.
Instead of using a paintbrush or a roller, buy an airless paint sprayer. A paint sprayer saves you the time and energy when you use a roller or paintbrush. Since you can just spray the paint on the furniture or wall, you don’t need to bend down too much or pay too much attention to the nitty-gritty of painting.
Now, choosing the right paint sprayer is crucial because a low-quality machine will make things worse for you instead of helping you. This is why it’s important that you know how to choose your airless paint sprayers by reading airless paint sprayer reviews. If you’re not very familiar with buying paint sprayers, these airless paint sprayer reviews will help you choose the best one for you. We’ve compiled airless paint sprayer reviews of 5 of our favorite brands so you can have the best. We’ve also included some information about paint sprayers that you need to know about so you’ll know what you’re looking for when you hunt for one.
Sprayers Vs. Brushes and Rollers: Why Sprayers Win
If you’re used to painting brushes and rollers, you probably think that it’s a hassle to buy a new one because you still have to learn how to spray paint. However, we think that learning the mechanisms of an airless spray painter is a small sacrifice that you’ll have to pay to have complete convenience every time you paint. Here are the reasons why it’s better to invest in a new spray painter than stick to your brush.
- Spray Painting is Faster: Obviously, spray painting is much faster than using a brush. While a brush takes a large number of strokes before you’re done, a spray painter allows you to cover the entire area in less than an hour depending on the size of the area you’re painting.
- Spray Painting Uses Less Energy: When you use a paintbrush or even a paint roller for that matter, you have to bend, stretch your body, and stand for hours. When you use a sprayer though, all you have to do is stand and move around. Depending on how powerful your sprayer is, you don’t even need to move that much because a powerful sprayer can actually spray far.
- Spray Painters Can Paint Over Uneven Surfaces: If ever you paint uneven surfaces, you’ll have a hard time painting evenly with a brush or a roller. At least with a sprayer, you can just spray on the surface and it’ll still look nice.
- Spray Painters Give A Nicer Texture: The thing about paint brushes and rollers is that you have to be consistent in your strokes when you use them otherwise it’ll look uneven. Sprayers, on the other hand, offer different textures that look very even so you won’t have any problem with sprayers.
How to Buy the Best Airless Spray Painter
Before we go to the airless paint sprayer reviews, let’s first take a look at the buying guide. Even if we already have airless paint sprayer reviews for the top 5 brands, you still need to pick the one that suits your own personal tastes and your project. This is why you always need to consult the buying guide before you make your purchase. So before you make your choice, always consider these factors:
- Type: There are two types of airless spray painters to choose from– electric and gas. Gas powered ones are known to be more powerful but the electric ones are more economical. So the type that you choose will really depend on your own preference as to what kind of machine you’re after.
- Quantity of Paint: Quantity of paint that is sprayed per time frame is a very important factor to take note of because of this measures the power of the sprayers. In fact, if you look at most airless paint sprayer reviews, you’ll find that power is one of the first things that is considered. Usually, the quantity of paint used or power is measured in gallons per hour so the more gallons of paint used in an hour, then it means the more power the machine has. So if you’re looking for power, then get one that has a higher number of gallons per hour. The standard of most good brands is around 5 gallons per hour.
- Coverage: The coverage is the second feature that most airless paint sprayer reviews would give so it’ll be the second factor we will take a look at. Basically, coverage refers to how much area the paint covers in one time. Coverage is crucial to look at because it determines how fast the machine can finish the job. If you see coverage of 100 square feet, then it’s a pretty good benchmark.
- Paint Storage: Whenever you use a sprayer, you’ll be storing the paint inside a reservoir in which the sprayer will drain the paint out from. After that, you need to refill the reservoir with paint to continue working. With that, you’ll want a paint sprayer that has a big capacity so that you don’t need to keep refilling– especially if you’re doing a big job. So when you go through the airless paint sprayer reviews later, take note of the paint store. A good paint storage capacity is around 25 ounces. If you can find something higher than that, consider getting the one with a higher paint storage.
- Project Type: Before you buy a sprayer, you have to ask yourself what kind of project you’re handling. For example, we’ve mentioned above that a sprayer with a big paint storage capacity is ideal for big projects like home exterior painting or interior painting because you won’t need to refill the machine so much. If you’re just painting furniture, you won’t need a sprayer with a high capacity. Also, bigger projects need machines with higher power and higher coverage so you can get the job done with higher efficiency. Always determine what you’re going to use your painter for even as early as when you’re scouting one through airless paint sprayer reviews.
- Cost: The last thing to think about is the cost of the product. Now, it is always good to look for well-known brands even if they cost more because a higher cost does better ensure you of higher quality. Also, it’s good if you can look for brands that have discounts so that you can still save some money. Later on, our list of airless paint sprayer reviews will contain brands that are reputable but also not that expensive. You can take a look at some great choices there.
Complete Airless Paint Sprayer Reviews for the Top 5 Brands
|1||Critter Spray Products Siphon Gun||$$$|
|2||Neiko 31214A HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun||$$$|
|3||HomeRight Finish Max C800766||$$$|
|4||Graco 17A466 TrueCoat||$$$|
|5||Wagner Power Painter Plus||$$$|
If you’re a beginner in spray painting, this siphon spray gun is the ideal brand to buy. Most other airless paint sprayer reviews would agree that this is one of the easiest guns to use which is why it’s recommended for beginners. It has a regulated air supply with a height adjustment for the liquid nozzle. It is also very easy to clean and is very strong. While it can’t really handle big projects, this is great for small to medium projects like painting small interior or furniture.
Features of Critter Spray Products Siphon Gun
- Has 16 ounce mason jars for paint storage.
- Uses a strong siphon gun for spraying.
- Able to fit other types of jars as well.
- Sprays circular and straight textures.
Pros & Cons of Critter Spray Products Siphon Gun
- It’s very easy to use.
- It has fairly good power with high consistency output.
- It is very affordable.
- It is made out of durable metal material.
- It has a low coverage.
- It doesn’t come with a compressor.
This spray gun is known for its power and heavy-duty mechanism being a high-pressure painter anyway. One of the best things about this gun is that it has a very durable body which also means that it has a long shelf life too. It is made out rust-resistant stainless steel material for solid durability.
Features of Neiko 31214A HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun
- It makes use of a gravity feed fluid design.
- Comes with three adjustable valve knobs.
- It has an operation pressure of 40 PSI and a working pressure of 10 PSI.
- It comes with a 1.5mm nozzle for precise and clear paint coating.
- It comes with a 600cc aluminum jar for storage.
- It works for any type of paint.
Pros & Cons of Neiko 31214A HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun
- The valve makes you be able to control paint precision and consistency.
- The material is rust proof and very durable.
- It is one of the strongest brands in this list of airless paint sprayer reviews.
- It has a good regulator at the bottom to control paint flow.
- It’s hard to dismantle.
- It is prone to leaking.
3. HomeRight Finish Max C800766 – Amazing Power Paint Sprayer
If you’re looking for something heavy duty, all airless paint sprayer reviews including this one would point to this brand. It makes use of 400 watts of pure power and has an adjustable air cap so the quantity of paint is controlled. The great thing about this brand is that it is strong enough to penetrate even thick materials. It also is able to give a great finish that you may expect from an industrial roller.
Features of HomeRight Finish Max C800766
- Uses 400 watts of power for thicker coating.
- Has a 27 ounce paint storage.
- Has three different spray patterns and an adjustable nozzle size.
- It has an easy to use mechanism which is also good for beginners.
Pros & Cons of HomeRight Finish Max C800766
- The 27 ounce container allows for less refills.
- It offers a very smooth finish.
- It can take almost any type of paint such as chalk paint, latex, enamels, and more.
- It is lightweight and compact.
- The adjustable nozzle size allows a more concentrated spraying of paint.
- It tends to overspray.
- It produces air bubbles.
Check out the full, in-depth review in our guide to The 10 Best Airless Paint Sprayers of 2018
This Graco machine has a lot of things going for it making it one of the best machines according to most airless paint sprayer reviews. It has a flex liner paint bag system for easy storage, vacuvalve technology for easy spraying in any direction, speed control, and an easy cleaning system. This is probably the most innovative machine in our list of airless paint sprayer reviews. Graco is definitely one of the most respected brands if you’d see airless paint sprayer reviews so you’re sure of the quality.
Features of Graco 17G180 Magnum ProX19 Paint Sprayer
- Sports dual speed adjustment
- Has a stainless steel piston pump
- Has a reversible spray tip
- Makes use of vacuvalve technology
- Has a flex-liner paint bag system
Pros & Cons of Graco 17A466 TrueCoat
- It allows you to control the speed to anyway you want.
- The stainless steel piston pump allows you to control the consistency of the paint.
- The vacuvalve technology allows painting in any direction.
- The reversible spray tip makes it easy to clean the machine.
- It leaks often.
- You need to squeeze the paint bag for the paint to come out.
This brand has a lot of cool features for you to enjoy with its Optimus Dual Tip and EZ Tilt Technology to make painting an enjoyable job. According to airless paint sprayer reviews, this cool machine allows you to spray anywhere at any angle because of the EZ Tilt feature. It’s also really easy to set up and use.
Features of Wagner Power Painter Plus
- Sports an Optimal Dual Tip
- Has an EZ Tilt suction tube
- Allows spraying of 6.6 gallons of paint per hour
- Has a twist and lock cup feature
Pros & Cons of Wagner Power Painter Plus
- The optimal dual tip allows for better control of the concentration of paint.
- The EZ Tilt suction tube lets you spray at any direction or angle you want.
- It has a high paint quantity spraying capacity.
- It can spray any kind of paint.
- It’s a bit hard to control the paint flow.
- It tends to over spray.
Hopefully, this list of airless paint sprayer reviews can help you pick out the airless paint sprayer of your choice. All these five brands have their own advantages and their own purpose respectively. Your choice depends on what suits your job and preferences the best. So while you’re reading the airless paint sprayer reviews, also read the buying guide so that you’ll know which one is most suited for you.